“Business trip”

Ranked #326 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went to NYC on a business trip and stayed at this hotel. I was very happy with the accomodations. check in was swift and easy. I was very impressed with the service.
the hotel is centrally located close to shopping and the theater. all in all I would go there again.
the room was pricy, but comparable to other NYC locations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Why don't I learn - Hilton's are just really mediocre hotels, everywhere I go.

The good:
-location
-clean and spacious room
-I found the windows to be great for noise reduction
-replaced my key quickly, after I accidentally left my room without it

The not good:
-no in-room dining menu - someone had to come deliver me a printout? really?
-no channel lineup card in the room - when I called, he recommended that "I just turn it on and click through the channels until I find what I want". What is this, 1987?
-iron had a huge burn spot on it and ruined my shorts. They brought another one up to me - 25 minutes later.
-outlets are coming off the walls
-tub drain stop doesn't work

Just a lot of inconveniences at this hotel, little stuff that adds up to a poor experience. Maybe I'll remember to stop staying at Hilton's. The location is great, so maybe that's what keeps people coming here.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kirby34
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay with us. We apologize for the issues you encountered with your tub drain and iron and we have reported your concerns to our facilities and maintenance teams. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance to show you the quality hospitality you expect from our brand if you return to the city in the future.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Kellie Cahill

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wonderful hotel , room clean, and a great size for NYC , great location to get to all you want to see in this great city. just a block away from time square and also a block away from 5th Ave. there is a starbucks over the road for your morning coffee and a supermarket around the corner for you mid night snacks

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Very happy with our recently renovated room on the 14th floor. We booked a package through broadway.com that included theatre tickets, hotel and breakfast. Full hot breakfast was excellent and more than we were expecting. It's a busy hotel, but experienced staff provided great service (particularly concierge and breakfast restaurant staff). Hotel parking was conveniently located and easy to access. Would return to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank T N
Reviewed May 22, 2013

There are so many reviews on this very average hotel that I cannot say anything more than anyone else has said. Except for the fact that the windows must be single pane glass. Despite being on the 15th floor, a truck had its reverse signal on at 5AM and the relentless and never-ending beeping went right through the window. That was really poor.

Bathrooms were also not spotlessly clean (not my hair, folks!). YUK.

Definitely not the best Hilton I have ever stayed at and I will not be staying there again on the next New York trip. Only reason why this gets three balls is because the concierge/front desk staff were really nice.

Room Tip: Stay high, wear earplugs
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael01UK
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the noise and housekeeping issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. Your comfort and safety are our number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Your review will assist in preventing similar issues in the future and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Kellie.Cahill@hilton.com
Director of Marketing

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here for business travel. Hotel was clean and nicely decorated. However, there was a lot of housekeeping activity on my floor at all hours of the day.

Hotel is very centrally located - easy walking distance to almost any point of interest, and subway entrances are also plentiful.

Easy ride to and from airport to this location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013

After my previous experience of a Hilton (Gatwick stopover, noisy, sickness......enough), I was a little nervous about staying 4 nights in one. In all fairness, this was a different kettle of fish.

Conveniently located on The Avenue of The Americas, this VERY ugly building is quite imposing, but once inside the huge reception area full of people made me think we can't have chosen too badly.

The rooms were absolutely standard. Clean, which was good and the beds were really comfortable. We had a view overlooking the Zeigfield Theatre and CNN building, which made it quite interesting - especially as they were filming Anchorman 2 outside most of the weekend! Stay classy America!

The bathroom needed attention, just shabby. After walking in the rain all day, I really wanted a hot bath. Sadly, even when I laid down flat, the water would only come half way up my body because they've installed overflows low down on the unit. Probably to avoid overflowing baths or water waste, but it was like trying to get warm by laying in a hot puddle.

We didn't eat in the hotel, so I can't comment on that, but the staff that we spoke to were incredibly helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room on one of the side streets rather than the main road, although in...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KJH190576

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your New York visit with the TripAdvisor community. We are glad you found our location entertaining and convenient for your activities in the city and apologize for the inconvenient level of our bath tub overflow drains. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area so we may continue to show you the quality service and accommodations you expect and deserve from our brand.

Kellie.Cahill@hilton.com