“Midtown Hilton Hotel”

Ranked #326 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Midtown Hilton Hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Let me preface this review by saying I'm a Hilton Diamond member. I mention that only to give perspective to my commentary. I've stayed at lots of different Hilton hotels over the years. In big cities and small, large hotels and more moderate properties. It's been difficult lately to find a really good Hilton-branded hotel. Recently I've stayed at the Palmer House in Chicago, the Millenium Hilton in the Wall Street area in New York, and just this past weekend, the Midtown Hilton. All 3 of these hotels are given 4 diamonds by AAA, and are considered premium properties by Hilton. They're all over-rated in my estimation and should be over-looked if you want a great lodging experience in NYC. Their rooms are small and worn, and they charge a premium for them. Ok, they have room service and restaurants on premise, but that doesn't make up for small rooms and rundown furniture. I've been very disappointed with the Hiltons, and recently, the DoubleTree hotels nearly anywhere. They don't live up to the high-quality promise that used to distinguish a Hilton. They're tired and in need of Investment refreshing. I do love the Conrad Hotels however, and enthusiastically recommend the Chicago and New York Conrads.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank edwardaberg
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of the New York Hilton. We are sorry to hear that you had a experience that did not live up to your expectations. The hotel is making some large improvements in the upcoming months that we hope that you will see that our brand and hotel is invested in our customers.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Kellie A. Cahill
Director of Marketing
New York Hilton Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,782)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Being part of the tourism industry it is my responsibility to write a review about my stay. I stayed at Hilton New York the first time on my honeymoon back on April 2012. I stayed for the second time for my first wedding anniversary from April 19-26 or a total of 8 days. I have to say it is a tremendous service, even though they have almost 2,000 rooms when you call to ask for something (housekeeping, engineering, etc) you just hang up the phone and the employee is practically at your door. I want to thank Mrs Agnes Torres for the wonderful attentions and to all the staff to keep up with the good service. Went to the Business center to print my tickets to the Yankees game and this guy named Orlando was very courteous and helped us with no problem. Thank you all for your attentions and I hope to visit Manhattan and Hilton New York real soon again.

All best to you

Room Tip: Higher rooms they have a tremendous view to the streets with skyscrapers all around
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel has a great location between Central Park and Times Square. There is a Starbuck's and a deli/market across the street for quick breakfast & food runs. Corner of 6th is also the home of the original Halal Brothers (great Greek food trucks). Theaters are a short walk and bank ATM's (Chase) are close by. It is a very large hotel, so the lobby tends to get very crowded, but elevator service is efficient. Concierge and entertainment desks were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Beds/pillows are comfortable and there is a good temp control in the rooms. My only negatives would be the small size of bathrooms (very little counter space) and tiny waste cans (overflow daily).

Room Tip: Request a room on 35th or 36th floor for quick access via Express Elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Briarcliff Manor, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Hotel was good. Room was clean. Room size was average. Elevators were slow. Refrigerator is $35 extra per night. Parking is $51 overnight (>12 hours), but very convenient. Gift shop, restaurants were ample. Hotel location was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Elias,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and will use your comments as we constantly evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you visit the city and let us know how we are doing.

Kellie.Cahill@hilton.com
NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hilton Midtown New York is a great hotel.
Service is great, location is fabulous (in between Central Park and Times Square).
Even though the hotel is renovated, it looks somewhat old, you can hear the pipes of rooms all around you when people shower, but it's bearable.
I had a great time, hope to get back there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I haven't even walked in the front doors of this hotel, but I am already wishing I had booked at the Hilton Fashion District. I have been trying to reach the concierge to make car service arrangements for 4 days and I can't get a a live person from that department on the phone, nor can I get to voice mail or email to leave a message so, they can call me back. I tried the front desk -a first line customer service alternative and all they would do is keep dumping me back to the concierge line even though I explained no one was answering. I called and asked for a manager and the call just went unanswered. I am truly hoping my stay gets better and frankly that management sees this post and responds.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be reaching out to you directly in an attempt to resolve the situation. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

NYCNH_DS@Hilton.com
New York Hilton

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

baton rouge, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

best value in New york times sqare area; breakfast was unbelievable great; better value than doubletree guest suites in times square; the weekend deal included breakfast and internet and rooms are spacious; can easily hold 4 folks as advertised

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family