“Great location, great hotel all around” 5 of 5 bubbles

New York Hilton Midtown
Ranked #323 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brier, Washington, United States
“Great location, great hotel all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

We were in town for the NYC Marathon two weekends ago. The hotel was a great fit for our needs. It was a nice hotel, the staff was friendly, and the rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The hotel was very busy due to the marathon, but that didn't mean they were lacking in service. It was a great place to rest after long days on the town. We would definitely suggest this hotel to friends, as well as to business associates looking for a great place to stay while in NYC.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth O
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank for your review of the Hilton New York. Glad to share in your time in NYC for the marathon. We are happy to hear that the hotel suited your needs relative to service and location. Thank you again for your business.

Kellie.Cahill@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,749)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

First time visiting New York. We picked the right hotel! Excellent location. A block away from 5th Ave, and a short walk away from Central Park, Times Square, Rockefellar Centre. My inlaws recommended the hotel to us and I'm glad we stayed there! The rooms are in good shape & most importantly, clean. Service was great, staff were friendly and if you're willing to spend extra, try to stay at the Executive floors. The check-in line is faster (never busy - no lineups)! You also get better views - especially if you are at the east-end corner facing Central Park! And the hotel lobby is always busy & lively! But it's what NYC is all about!

Room Tip: Corner room facing north (Central Park) would be best - make sure it's on the higher floors. If...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Coimbatore, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I travel to NY at least twice and year and have been faithful in staying at the Hilton for quite a few years now. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are okay. However the last few times I have noticed that the housekeeping in the bath and in the rooms is appalling. They do not clean- hair is in the shower drain, bathroom floors are not cleaned. In the rooms the debris left over by the previous occupants (in-between the beds and side tables is not vacuumed). Once when I checked in the waste basket was full of rubbish. I called customer service and informd them that I wanted all the furniture moved and the whole room vaccumed but they cleaned only partially when I checked. I have sent mails but there is no response. I have found a better hotel for my next visit and it is not the Hilton!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank frequentflier297675
Hampton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I re-joined the "Hilton Honors" loyalty program (after having my account dropped because apparently I did not stay at their hotels often enough, so they were DISLOYAL to me!) before my stay here with a cousin. When we arrived, approx. 1 hour before the check-in time, the room was not ready. We visited the reception desk approx 10 minutes later & it was ready, which was good for our plans. I had read the tips on tripadvisor & requested a high floor, away from the elevators. We were upgraded to a deluxe corner room on the 30th floor. We had to open the windows to air out the room from the spray used by the cleaning persons, but it did air out OK. The room was relatively large for NYC (I would think) & very clean & quiet. The beds were really comfortable. The bathroom was rather small but it had everything needed, except a working exhaust fan. (I admit that I didn't report it or complain.) My cousin had a problem with the shower curtain, getting the floor pretty wet after her shower, but I didn't have a problem with it, & the shower water was nice & hot. The reception staff were nice. We asked for a later checkout time & were given one without a problem. The hotel was in a great location. The hotel is big & the lobby is not "cozy" & there are no chairs, but the room had everything we wanted, including a coffee maker, which we did not use, & a small refrigerator stocked with items, that I would not DARE to try, due to the likely price. I was able to fit one of my own drink cans & water bottles in it.. The room was very pricey but so were the other hotels we considered. Our stay was on a Sat. night on Veteran's Day weekend, so some hotels were requiring a stay of two nights (but not Hilton). I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again depending on the price & if I had a person to share the cost with.

Room Tip: As the other travelers have suggested: request a high floor & away from elevators, become a Hilt...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Toronto Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Of the large New York City hotels, I think the Hilton is the best - the rooms are in relatively good shape, the HVAC systems are modern and the street noise is relatively muted. Also, rooms are large by the standards of New York City.

On a visit in September, though, Hilton New York really won my excellent rating. In a rush to check out, I left some shirts in a drawer. I called the hotel the next day, and the security team Fed-Ex'd the items home to me. That made me very happy!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AdrianTorontoOntario
Thank you for taking a moment to review your experience with our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with the service you received from our security team and that your accommodations were comfortable and quiet. We hope to host you again on any future trips to New York City!

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

spent a few days here, i was very comfortable with all the amenities and the friendly staff. My My room was clean and well furnished. good value for the money..there was some sort of issue with the bathroom door but they changed my room as soon i informed them about it. Location is fantastic and would stay here the next time i am in the city! Business room could use a little upgrade but it was a great hotel overall

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the hotel and your stay with us. We’re pleased to hear that you were comfortable during your stay, our staff was friendly and helpful, and that our central location worked so well for your trip. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to New York City!

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

The entry to the hotel is busy like a stock exchange. However, the rooms above are something to look for your stay in the hustle bustle of New York. The room service, and the quality of food served in the hotel are fantastic

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the hotel and our amenities. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the guestrooms, and enjoyed the quality of the room service and dining options in the hotel. We hope you’ll choose us on your next business trip to Manhattan.