“Amazing food & nice view”
Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: A,C,E to 14th Street. L to 8th Ave.
Description: The surreal atmosphere of this awe-inspiring restaurant in the Meatpacking district of Manhattan combines the serenity of Asia with the flamboyance of 16th century Paris. The menu features fanciful interpretations of Chinese dishes and delights even the most discriminating palates.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We made a reservation via Internet and had it confirmed by our Hotel for Friday night.
The wait wasn't very long and we had a table overlooking the stairs going down (washrooms and many tables are downstairs), With all the women in high-heels, you can guess that we had the best view on the house. Furthermore, food was surprisingly excellent for such a place. Compared to Tao, food was much better, noise level lower and crowd seems less on the party side and more mature.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to Buddakan and my second visit to NYC. It was great when I came as a couple and maybe even better when I came with my girlfriends. It's what you want in an NYC restaurant: incredible atmosphere & vibe, prices that aren't totally outrageous, and perfect location. I'm not a martini drinker, but their espresso martini after dinner is utterly fantastic. Can't wait to come back....

1  Thank missdanag
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Quite simply the best meal we had in the US on our trip .

After a flight fro Chicago we booked into the Buddakan at 21:30 on a Saturday night, it was packed but our table was ready. The server was excellent and his advice on the number of dishes to order was spot on.

The girls in the group had deserts to die for , whilst the men enjoyed some decent craft beers.

If you are in NYC, pre-book , you will not regret it. if I lived in NYC, this would be a regular haunt for me

1  Thank Teddep
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

A very fancy shmancy place that everyone talks about but for once in NY, totally worth it. The food is really good! I would recommend the General Tso’s Dumplings, Dungeness Crab Sticky Rice (I loved it), and the filet (the most delicious sauce).

Anyways, you get out of the table satisfied and full, whatever you eat. Also, prices are reasonable for the kind of place it is.

Try it and decide for yourself!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

It was difficult to make a reservation but once we were there, we understood why. The interior is awesome, although I must admit that when seated at a regular table (not the huge table in the main room) the interior is not that special, and it is very noisy.
But we had a good time anyway, because we really loved the food and the server made us laugh and was very helpful.
Buddakan sure is worth a visit!