“Soooooooo Goood”
Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: A,C,E to 14th Street. L to 8th Ave.
Description: The surreal atmosphere of this awe-inspiring restaurant in the Meatpacking district of Manhattan combines the serenity of Asia with the flamboyance of 16th century Paris. The menu features fanciful interpretations of Chinese dishes and delights even the most discriminating palates.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Soooooooo Goood”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Please go….. from the atmosphere to the food to the service, I had a great experience. I went with a group of girlfriends and the food more than made up for our wait even though we had an 8pm Res. It was mostly our fault as we all weren't there at 8 so I cannot deduct any ratings for that.
We had the pork belly with steamed bunds for appetizers and had the cod, I think sausage fried rice and something with short ribs I can't remember what we ordered but you can't go wrong with anything. Definitely cannot wait to go back next time I'm in NYC.

• Visited March 2014

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Best Asian Fusion in New York City”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

First time I ever entered in Buddakan was with an old friend I had not seen in many years. He picked the perfect place to inpress me. Buddakan is not only beautiful in every sense of the word but the food is exceptional. I make it a point to dine with my daughter every time we visit NYC. We always order the lobster fired rice, boneless spare ribs (not like what you have had before), tender and delicous. Only problem that you might encounter in Buddakan is over eatting, from the many yummy items to choose from.

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food and yummy cocktails.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This restaurant was amazing, as soon as we walked in we had our own personal, well, person... I know that seems weird but it was as if they were only looking after us- the best service ever!
We had pork, fish and some other dishes- all of them were so delicious! I also enjoyed the cocktail selection at the bar beforehand, was lovely to sit and enjoy the bar area for a minute before we were seated. Will definitely be back next time I am in NYC!

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Superb dinner with three coworkers. The attentive waitstaff recommended we order an extra entree and appetizer from what we initially planned, and he was right. They did encourage refills for the (pricey) alcoholic beverages, but also accepted my refusal after the first drink. The food was amazing- we were completely thrilled with the meal and may try to go back tomorrow if we can get done with our work early enough. We made the reservation Monday around noon for dinner that night, so some planning is needed, but totally worth it!

Visited March 2014
East Sussex
“Delicious food, good service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We dined here as a group during a business trip to NY from London. The bar area was great to have a pre dinner drink. We were then seated at one end of the central family table, with our orders taken quickly and efficiently. The dining Style was "family" in that've ordered for the group and dishes were placed in the middle for sharing. The food was delicious, and the recommendations from the waiter were spot-on. It's a very large restaurant, but they seemed to have many staff so we never once had to wait for anything, with the service being very attentive. All in all an excellent visit. I can see how the lovely food combined with the amazing room and service receives such strong feedback.