“Good”
Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: A,C,E to 14th Street. L to 8th Ave.
Description: The surreal atmosphere of this awe-inspiring restaurant in the Meatpacking district of Manhattan combines the serenity of Asia with the flamboyance of 16th century Paris. The menu features fanciful interpretations of Chinese dishes and delights even the most discriminating palates.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had a problem with my reservation. I did the reservation on OpenTable and did not registered that.However, the found a table for me.

There are newer reviews for Buddakan

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have eaten at Buddakan on my past 2 trips to NYC and all I can say is - Ah-mah-zing! HIGHLY recommend the Peking Duck as a main course to share. My husband and I are counting down the days until we can get back here. It made for a very special anniversary dinner.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate at Buddakan after a recommendation from a friend who's been a few times...and I was even more excited when I found out that they filmed the pre-wedding dinner scenes from the 1st Sex and the City movie in this restaurant! Our taxi driver dropped us almost outside but we struggled to find the restaurant at first, very low key gold plaque on the wall, next to the main doors. The atmosphere inside was brilliant, even on a Tuesday night, and we stopped at the bar for a couple of cocktails before we were seated. The decor is very dramatic and felt very special - we sat upstairs but the grand table downstairs looked stunning. Our waitress was very helpful, gave us some recommendations on what to order etc and the food we had was amazing. The crab fried rice was especially good, served in a crab shell and plenty for two to share. Our whole experience was just brilliant and we talk about this night on a regular basis, recommending it to anyone else travelling to NYC. We are planning a New York trip again in April and will definitely be going back. To visit NYC and not eat here is a crime. Fairly pricey but worth it for a treat.

1  Thank A K
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and location. Had the pork potstickers and beef lettuce cups to start followed by char Sui pork and birds best beef all top class.

Relatively well priced for the quality of food on offer.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I visited here in 2008 and loved it so had to visit again and I still love it. You do need to book as they can get busy very quickly, we could only get a 10.45pm reservation for a Friday night even when we booked 4 days in advance. We arrived a bit early so we were able to have a drink at the bar then we were taken downstairs to our table. The waiter was attentive and helped us with our food choices recommending we have 2 items from each page for the 2 of us. It ended up being too much as the rice dishes were pretty big! Can definitely recommend the black cod and kung pao monkfish - both delicious and good portion sizes. The wine was also very good and matched the food perfectly. Overall really good value for what we had (yes it is not cheap but definitely worth it). Will be back next time we visit NYC!