“Maravilous place and food”
Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 13,689 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: A,C,E to 14th Street. L to 8th Ave.
Description: The surreal atmosphere of this awe-inspiring restaurant in the Meatpacking district of Manhattan combines the serenity of Asia with the flamboyance of 16th century Paris. The menu features fanciful interpretations of Chinese dishes and delights even the most discriminating palates.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Maravilous place and food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you can, do not miss the chance to be at this restaurante.
Everything is superb: the decoration, the food and the service.

Visited September 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Wow!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

All I can say is Wow!
This is the Best Cantonese Restaurant I have eaten in.
The Decor is stunning, the Staff are super and the food is the best I have ever had anywhere!
You must pre- book.
They have some great set menu options.
Be prepared for a pricey meal but well worth it!

• Visited February 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“THE BEST FOOD!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Lobster Fried Rice is a MUST have!!! Reservations is best because this place gets packed! Decor is Gorgeous! Located in the Meat Packing district!

Visited April 2012
jennaliseandtoby
“great food!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We came here because we heard it had great food and a fun vibe- that's exactly what we got. It's a bit spendy but perfect for a nice night out. We would definitely come again when in NYC.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jennaliseandtoby
nyc
“Buddakan is Perfectly Average”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The decor is outstanding: really beautiful restaurant and super-romantic. That said, I was there with 7 other people and you could not hear what someone at the other end was saying. This was a Monday night and the place is LOUD.
The food is good, a bit like an upscale Chinese restaurant, but no better. I was there with two recent college grads, two kids, and three sophisticated New Yorkers, including a wine merchant. The kids wondered why the servings were so small, the grads were completely impressed, and the adults were "meh" on the food.
Our initial experience in the bar was fabulous: great drinks, apps and service. Once at our table, however, our waiter was from central casting for "bad service". He was cold and impolite, completely thrown by a few questions about the entrees, and it went downhill from there. The lounge bartender had made the kids a fabulous non-alcoholic drink and when they asked the waiter for refills, he said, "No, I can't get that. That's from upstairs". As two of our other cocktails were not what we'd asked for, I walked them upstairs myself to get refills as well as the kid's drinks.
At that point, I told the upstairs waitress about the service. At the same time, one of my friends had complained to a manager downstairs.
Subsequently, our waiter was immediately replaced and service from that point on was what it should be for this sort of restaurant and the fact that our bill was $1500 for the experience.
Clearly, management heard our complaint and immediately rectified the situation. I appreciate that. But for the cost and the perfectly average food, I wouldn't go back for dinner.
If you're coming from out of town, I'd suggest having a few drinks in the lounge and then moving on elsewhere for quieter dinner experience. Again, on a Monday night, this place was packed and
had all the intimacy of The Cheesecake Factory,