“An off night perhaps?”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 26th Street
Description: The word is out: Marlon Abela, the restaurateur behind London's Michelin one-star with two-stars rising Greenhouse, has opened a new modern Italian restaurant A Voce ("word of mouth") on the edge of chic Madison Square Park. The emphasis is on grown-up, deeply delicious Italian cookery set against a back drop of Italian style and organic East Coast elements.
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We ate on a Monday evening and the weather was perfect to be able to sit outside.

Don't get me wrong, the staff were very helpful and pleasant. However, they attempted to serve 3 other tables mains to us before we received our ordered food. Clearly, it had been sitting for a while as it was far from hot but we'd waited long enough that we didn't want to complain and wait even longer.

All of our food was very tasty, just a shame that the restaurant seemed very disorganised.

Would give them another chance as they were very genuine in their apologies and it's a nice atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for A Voce

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to visit and grab a bite to eat. There are at least 4 different eating areas plus any type of Italian grocery items for sale. I was too full to try the gelato or chocolates! The atmosphere is wonderful. I would recommend a visit!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Have you ever departed and thought..."was the chef ill" Well if that is the case then you can benefit from this review. Every course brought utter amazement as you will read great reviews so here goes
Course 1 Pasta, came out ice cold, and no sauce. My gut is that it was reheated pasta and the chef just forgot to do anything else to it
Course 2 Fish, one part of the plate was warm, and the other cool Small portion, and that is fine, just make the whole plate at least lukewarm. My husband had lamb, and it was cold.
Course 3-Dessert,the Italian doughnuts-should have been warm and filled with vanilla custard. The were room temp and no filling. The bittersweet chocolate sauce was gluey.
They end the meal with a limoncello marshmallow; yummy.

All in all, not very satistying

1  Thank Paolosmom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'm not a sophisticated foodie, but I know good food when I taste it. I enjoyed sitting outside on a beautiful evening and visiting with my son. The evening was a success but not because of the food. I started with a simple salad of arugala that had a very stong lemony dressing that was just too bitter. My pasta course was small pockets of properly cooked pasta filled with a combination of "stuff" that just didn't satisfy. My son had a main course of trout which he said was "ok". My overall opinion is that the chef tried to take Italian cooking to a new dimension and it just didn't work for me.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Since its opening I've been to A Voce many times - the Madison ave location as well as the Columbus circle/time Warner location.

The food is outstanding. Service is good as well.

The Madison Avenue location does draw business groups not only at lunch but at dinner. Columbus circle location has views of the park.

Decor leans toward modern. There is outdoor dining at Madison ave location as well.

A bit pricey -