“Overpriced - Good for corporate occasions.”
Review of A Voce

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 26th Street
Description: The word is out: Marlon Abela, the restaurateur behind London's Michelin one-star with two-stars rising Greenhouse, has opened a new modern Italian restaurant A Voce ("word of mouth") on the edge of chic Madison Square Park. The emphasis is on grown-up, deeply delicious Italian cookery set against a back drop of Italian style and organic East Coast elements.
New York City, New York
“Overpriced - Good for corporate occasions.”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Yesterday I went to a special event held at Columbus Circle location of this 'expensive' restaurant. Nothing special, though. Not well presented, not well seasoned but the view is nice. Definately not for tourists.

Columbus Circle is just build for wealthy millionaires living around that area for shopping and dinning for corporate executives in my humble opinion.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
South Australia
“Winning Italian cuisine”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a gourmet dining experience at the restaurant last night. We had a succulent choice of delicious foods such as rabbit, guinea hen and chicken. All were tender moist and a taste delight. The recommendation of the sommelier of a northern Italian Riesling was perfect. It is no surprise the this establishment has a Michelin star. One of our best dining experiences in our world travels.

Los Angeles, California
“Go there for the view of central PARK!!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Go during the day!! Makes you feel like you are in a movie. I Tried there gnocchi it was delicious, My gf had some kind of pasta, also good :) It is a bit pricey, but it is so worth the view --I recommend role playing always fun times!!! I visited during Christmas vacation of last year. I want to go BACK!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Joseph L
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Watch your credit card”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Carlton Hotel, where I was staying, referred me to Avoce for dinner. No problem with the food. They have a number of servers who bring out the bread, refill water, etc. When my waitress put the bill on the table, I laid my credit card on top of it. The waitress saw it, but she was busy at the next table. Before she could turn around to pick it up, one of the servers swung by my table and took it. The waitress looked frustrated when she saw he had taken it, and sort of threw up her hands in frustration. She returned with it, I signed it, and I left for my hotel. The next day my credit card company called and told me that fraudulent charges were hitting my bill from Jamaica in NYC, wherever that is. I live nowhere near NY. Of course they had to shut down my card, a huge inconvenience for me. This was the only time during this visit to NY that my card was out of my sight. Pay cash in this establishment.

• Visited October 2012
CT
“disappointing”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

With great anticipation my wife and I recently had dinner on a Saturday night at A Voce. Maybe it was the fact that we could get a last minute reservation for 8:30 on a Saturday night that should have tipped me off that this restaurant has more style than substance.
The problems started with my appetizer, clams with white beans. While the chopped clams were tasty, the beans were so undercooked as to be hard as a rock. My fork literally bounced off them. I explained the issue with the waiter, sent the dish back and when it returned, the beans were again hard as a rock. I ate the clams and left the beans. For my main dish, I had the trout with potatoes and anchovy dressing. The dish sounded very interesting but it really doesn't work. It turns out there was a mound of hard lettuce on top of the trout with the potatoes underneath all stacked up. And while I really like anchovies and anchovy dressing, all I could taste in this one was salt. The dish didn't really work. My wife had a pasta dish that she deemed to be "acceptable". We had one bottle of wine reasonably priced for this kind of restaurant, and left without desert.
In conclusion, if you want this kind of restaurant, big and fancy, there are much better in NYC. If you want really good Italian food, there are much better places to go. While I would be willing to give it another chance, they would really have to step it up.

• Visited October 2012