“House music fans!”
Review of Cielo Club

Cielo Club
Ranked #148 of 877 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place was fun! They had a Chinese Dragon dance in the club! The DJ's were awesome. The drinks are not cheap, so just stick to water! $20+ cover. I was lucky enough to be there on some anniversary of something and everyone was in costume. They had a female burlesque dancer- (not full nudity and not thin or they would have had to call her a stripper?) I am not into that, so it was neither here nor there for me, but the men (and some women) enjoyed the show. The club isn't huge, but there is plenty of room to dance. I didn't take advantage of bottle service, but the VIP couches looked comfy. I hope to visit again soon. This was a really chill place. Everyone was there to dance and party not cause problems.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Although well recommended, I found the place just ok. It was no big name DJ night, regular saturday night. A friend who already had been twice to the club suggested to go there. Arriving, i who had no previous experience at the club asked the Bouncer for information. Bad idea to ask information!!!! He was INCREDIBLY RUDE!!!!! After waiting paitiently in line, when it was to be my turn I asked him if I had offended him in any way, and try to understand what the hell was going on... Bad idea AGAIN! He kept me more in line discussing that my first question at arrival had been "a ridiculous question" as he put it. I had rather just leave and give my money to another surrounding club, but with Cielo's reputation I just really wanted to have a nice night with my friend who was already inside. After some time inside the Bouncer found me and gave me a ticket, I asked what it was for and he pointed out to my drink, so I guess he was trying to make up for his rudeness buying me a drink. I couldn't care LESS. I don't need his ticket to get drinks, and the respect a guest deserves at any place doesn't come on the form of a drink. I returned him the ticket at the door without looking back. Cielo: bad bouncer, great music, expensive drinks.

4  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed April 16, 2012

As we all know NYC has no electronic music scene so you won't be surprised if I tell you this club somehow fits in.

They play mostly house music, some RNB stuff, folks are either groups or first daters (first shy, then really drunk).

Drinks are expensive, tiny and really made of very cheap alcohol and coke out of the tube.

We got in as a couple for less than advertised (no idea why, the bouncer liked us) even though the middle-aged group before as had to pay a cover charge of 300 USD to even get in.

So it seems this place is overhyped as it's inexplicable why it's so expensive although they neither play good sound nor have half-way decent drinks or people that attend the club.

All-in-all I won't go to Cielo again and as this is supposed to be the best electronic club in NYC... I feel really bad for all those people who basically can't experience a great nightlife with awesome music.

I'd rather stay at home listening to an essential mix than have such a poor experience.

3  Thank vir2l
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I had a great time at Cielo on Monday night of this week. We found out about Cielo from their website while in town. There was a flyer online for a free admission. We paid $2 at Kinkos to print out the flyers instead of the $15 cover for each of us to enter. For the first hour the club was open drinks were free. I tipped well and the bartenders seemed to have remembered that when I ordered my drinks. I drink crown on the rocks when out. They filled it to the top.

The music that night was awesome and the sound system is great. This club is really set up for sound. You can sit at the table and talk to someone but once you hit the dance floor only a few feet away the music is nice and loud but clear as a bell.

This may be a place I will return to as long as I can go on a weeknight when there is no line like most people talk about.

Remember to check online to see if there are any specials for free cover. It is worth the try!!!

2  Thank Brent A