Wow. This property won't be for everyone, but it's perfect for me. Less than 1/3 the cost of a Hampton Inn and a great location. Friendly staff and genial atmosphere.
Here's what to expect: Immaculate cleanliness, plenty of hot water, helpful, friendly front desk staff, slow elevators (but, in characteristic ELCA good humor, acknowledged...you'll have to visit and use the elevator to see what I mean) a sink in your room, a toilet and shower "down the hall," two per floor, towel and washcloth and clean linens.
Also expect a great location 1.5 blocks from Union Square and the MTA station beneath. Two Starbucks within a block or two. Lots of neighborhood restaurants. Plenty of NYU students practicing their filming. Quiet rooms.
I spent two nights here and never was once unable to access the toilet or shower when I needed to.
What not to expect? Your own bathroom, little bottles of shampoo and conditioner, hair dryers, 40 inch HD tv (but you will have a nice small TV that does just fine; besides, you should be out experiencing the city, not watching TV).
While I'm not sure I could talk my wife into staying here, she's more of a Hilton Garden Inn sort of girl, this is a wonderful place to stay and I will definitely return when I next need to come to NYC.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Seafarers & International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seafarers And International House
- Seafarers & International House Hotel New York City
- Seafarers International Hotel
- Hotel Seafarers International