Location: 2 short blocks (5 min walk) from the 14th and Union Square station which has multiple MTA lines (L,N,Q,R,4,5,6). Near Walgreens, Food Emporium Supermarket, Whole Foods, and Union Square.
Hotel: 11 floors (higher up equals less street noise). Simple lobby with free WiFi. Free baggage check. 25 cent coffee. Friendly staff. 24 hour front desk security. 2 slow elevators. Mostly adult guests, no partying college students. Quiet and modest.
Rooms: 10 rooms per floor. 2 toilets and 2 showers. Never a line for the bathroom. Rooms include A/C and radiator. All rooms have twin beds. Small flat screen cable TV and phone. Some double rooms have private bathrooms and a mini fridge. Bare essentials. No shampoo or conditioner. Includes soap and towels. bring your shower slippers. Beds have soft mattresses. Carpet is worn. It's simple living. Room sizes are pretty good by NYC standards. Housekeeping makes your bed and change your towels, but does not change your sheets. No bedbugs.
Costs: As of Dec 2012---Single w/ shared bathroom $106 (sun-thurs). Single w/ shared bathroom $109 (fri-sat). Double w/ private bathroom $136 (sun-thurs). Double w/ private bathroom (fri-sat) $145. Double rooms have 2 twin beds. Check in at 3pm, check out at 11am. Need to call or email for availability and reservations. No online booking. No tax! It's a Lutheran church-sponsored guest house, so room prices are not taxed. (Otherwise the tax rate for hotels is about 15%)
I would definitely stay here again. You cannot find a better deal for a low-budget hotel in NYC.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelPower so you can book your Seafarers & International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seafarers And International House
- Seafarers & International House Hotel New York City
- Seafarers International Hotel
- Hotel Seafarers International