We stayed here for 5 nights over New Year (I have written a separate review about Bubba Gumps restaurant where we spent NYE) and were very impressed. We took a taxi from La Guardia which cost about US$45 but that includes a good tip as the driver was great and also being stuck in traffic as the hotel is (as you would expect) right next to the Rockefeller Centre and there were huge crowds there to see the tree and skating rink. The hotel arranged a car to take us to JFK when we left as it was a 4.30am start and that was US$65 plus tip.
The location is perfect, easy walking distance from the Top of the Rock, 5th Avenue, Broadway, Times Square and the south end of Central Park. We took a hop on hop off bus tour, picked up at Times Square, which took us to all the major sights in south Manhattan including the Statue of Liberty and Wall Street and also did the Uptown loop which took us the entire way round Central Park and through Harlem. US$49 each (valid for 48 hours) for the tickets and we could have done more trips but didn't have the time so good value.
The room was clean and had everything we needed for a nice, comfortable stay including free (and easy to connect to which was a rarity on our trip) wi fi, good coffee and a decent shower. There is also access to free drinking water and the hotel provide water bottles next to the water so you can take it to your room which was a really good idea.
Our room overlooked the skating rink at Rockefeller Plaza too which was a nice touch (25th floor – room 3). No real road noise, although there were taxi horns going all night but that's the hazard of staying in the centre of the city.
The staff were pleasant and helpful and unlike other places I've recently read about, didn't always have their hands out for a tip which was good. Makes you feel more like leaving one.
There is a bar/restaurant right next door called Johnny Utahs which at first glance looks like it may be a bit dodgy but I would highly recommend it, even for families – there's nothing in there to upset or offend kids and there were families in there. The food was excellent (the texas brisket is a must try), the staff friendly and helpful and the atmosphere relaxed. Plus the beer was good!
Both the bar and the hotel were a great place to escape to after a hectic day sightseeing and we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters Hotel, opposite Rockefeller Center provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere with 230 rooms located opposite Rockefeller Center, steps away from the famous skating rink, Christmas tree, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Saks Fifth Avenue, Museum of Modern Art and Radio City Music Hall. Minutes from world class shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The other impressive feature of this Club Quarters is The Terrace Club, the luxury executive club on the 7th floor, featuring year-round outdoor dining. Club Quarters, opposite Rockefeller Center provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast and easy self check-in and check-out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 3 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 55 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel, opposite Rockefeller Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters, Opposite Rockefeller Hotel New York City
- Hotel Quarters Rockefeller Center
- Quarters Rockefeller Center Hotel
- Club Quarters Rockefeller Center