“Well worth the visit...or stay!”
Review of Lower Manhattan

and up
NYC Speakeasy Walking Tour
Ranked #58 of 1,151 things to do in New York City
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Underrated part of Manhattan in our opinion. Most people just pop by for the 9/11 memorial or to get the Staten Island Ferry, or pass thru on a tour bus, and thats it.
Spend some time here. Alot of attractions are walkable to each other, dont let the subway maps scare you into thinking you have to get a subway! Walk it!
9/11 memorial, Trinity Church, St Pauls Chapel, Battery Park, Wall Street, City Hall, Brooklyn Bridge, Staten Island Ferry, South Street Seaport, Ferries, Helicopter tours etc, all walkable to each other.
We stayed in the area, some lovely hotels, all the facilities you need, and only a 15 min ride on the subway from Times Square! But so much less manic! :-)

2  Thank stug97
All reviews
"battery park"
in 130 reviews
"trinity church"
in 36 reviews
"the financial district"
in 35 reviews
"the staten island ferry"
in 40 reviews
in 22 reviews
"amazing skyline"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visit historical buildings, WTC Memorial, Stock Exchange, Battery Park, take Circle Line Cruise (get tickets ahead of time), Statue of Liberty, etc

Reviewed March 29, 2013

i love going to manhattan lower side. cause it has so much to offer. if you are visiting new york city then this part of the city is must to see.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

OK, I will say it and be done with it: I am not a "Ground Zero" aficionado. I live in New York City, and I don't think anything should have been built on that site after that terrible calamity, and I don't think anything should be commemorated using that horrible misguided name. But nobody asked me, and so there it is.

Otherwise, I personally find myself heading through Lower Manhattan on my way from one place to another. For example, going down to the Battery to get to South Ferry to take the boat over and visit friends on Staten Island. The exceptions to this are when I am going to an event at South Street Seaport, or last year when my wife and I went down to Worth Street courthouse to get married (yay, us!)

Admittedly, there is much that could fall under the rubric of "Lower Manhattan" that I have not explored as of yet. For example, during the warm weather months there is a lot culturally going on on Governor's Island, formerly controlled by the U.S. Coast Guard and now under the auspices of the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council.