“Lower Manhattan”

$69.00*
New York City Hop-On Hop-off Downtown Tour with Top of the Rock and MoMA
Ranked #58 of 1,144 things to do in New York City
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visit historical buildings, WTC Memorial, Stock Exchange, Battery Park, take Circle Line Cruise (get tickets ahead of time), Statue of Liberty, etc

Reviewed March 29, 2013

i love going to manhattan lower side. cause it has so much to offer. if you are visiting new york city then this part of the city is must to see.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

OK, I will say it and be done with it: I am not a "Ground Zero" aficionado. I live in New York City, and I don't think anything should have been built on that site after that terrible calamity, and I don't think anything should be commemorated using that horrible misguided name. But nobody asked me, and so there it is.

Otherwise, I personally find myself heading through Lower Manhattan on my way from one place to another. For example, going down to the Battery to get to South Ferry to take the boat over and visit friends on Staten Island. The exceptions to this are when I am going to an event at South Street Seaport, or last year when my wife and I went down to Worth Street courthouse to get married (yay, us!)

Admittedly, there is much that could fall under the rubric of "Lower Manhattan" that I have not explored as of yet. For example, during the warm weather months there is a lot culturally going on on Governor's Island, formerly controlled by the U.S. Coast Guard and now under the auspices of the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lower Manhattan provides great access to many great places to see so many different styles that are present within NYC. Great area to wander almost aimlessly and just discover for days...

2  Thank HiddenCaviar
Reviewed February 22, 2013

great area to see the whole NYC city, great walk, great to shop and enjoy a beautiful summer day. I love going there to just enjoy the ride and see the view...