“The place to be”
Review of Ivy Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ivy Terrace
Ranked #7 of 78 New York City B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Ivy Terrace Bed and Breakfast is in a great location! This was my second stay at this B&B and I felt like I was home. This time I stayed in the Rose Room which is the largest room, so it was a bit of a splurge on my part, but well worth it. Rose Room has a canopy bed which is super comfortable and a lovely large private terrace as well. I chose Ivy Terrace because all the rooms have kitchens and I like to have my breakfast before venturing out into the city, not to mention it was very clean. The subway is only a block away and one can walk to M.O.M.A ! It is also a short walk to central park. This upscale neighborhood cannot be beat. Thanks to Vinessa and Jeff for the yummy assortment of breakfast items that so many other New York “ B&B’s” do not provide! I look forward to my next trip and I will certainly stay here again.
Once you consider the lovely décor, the food and the wi-fi, not to mention the personal service this place is a bargain.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Swissvibe
There are newer reviews for Ivy Terrace

Reviewed April 9, 2010

I can't believe we found such a great place to stay in Manhattan! I've spent a lot of money on rooms the size of shoeboxes, so it was wonderful to have so much space and comfort in the city! The Greenwich Room was huge -- but had so many homey touches. Jeff does such a great job in making the suite "just like home" -- from the books, CDs, fresh fruit, nightcap liquer, vase (for all the beautiful fresh flowers for sale), organic soaps, bath salts (!), flat screen TV, etc! We loved being able to look out at the street to watch people go by. There is an excellent Italian restaurant just down the block (Nino's) in addition to several others and a Duane Reade drugstore on the corner. I felt very comfortable walking back at any time of the evening, as the area is very safe. We can't wait to go back to NYC and "go home" to the Ivy Terrace!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Stayed here for a week in the Zen Room back in January. What a brilliant place - a great concept that works really well.

We were tired after an average flight experience with "conti-mental airlines" and it was the nicest surprise to find such a comfortable room. The added bonus was that fridge was well stocked that we were able to relax and recharge a bit before heading out into the city - it was like having our own apartment and a great way to enjoy the New York experience.

A great alternative to a Hotel and highly recommended - many thanks to Jeff and Vinessa.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2010

We were fortunate enough to visit New York City for the first time this year. I had traveled through it as a kid, but never really spent time there. We came to New York to film some footage for a motion picture we're making and needed to go to various locations like Times Square and Central Park to film.

We were lucky to find this gem of a B & B with it's own private entrance,adorable kitchen stocked with essentials (even a delicious blackberry brandy nightcap) and spacious private terrace. With its' high ceilings, it seemed much larger than most hotel rooms.  Just a few blocks up from central park, an early morning jog, a walk past the long avenues, it felt like the perfect city retreat. The neighborhood, while being right in the middle of Manhattan had a quaint, quiet, even romantic feel to it and we felt comfortable walking at all times of the night. The host were both kind, generous and very attentive. Definitely one of the best B & B experiences I have had.

If you go to NYC you have to check it out as you will be very pleased you did.

Joel Christian McEwen
Director, American Dream the Movie

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
wkdwtch, owner at Ivy Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2010

Thanks Joel for your great review! We enjoy giving our guests a true New York City experience unlike any you could get in a hotel. I look forward to seeing your film: American Dream the movie...and we hope you consider us your home when ever you come to NYC. 'till next time... Vinessa

Reviewed February 9, 2010

A block from the subway, quiet location, comfortable rooms, great restaurant advice from Vinessa, nice selection of breakfast foods in fridge ... hard to top this place. This was our 2nd stay, and I'm sure we'll be back again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nbenoit
Reviewed February 7, 2010

When I travel, I am NEVER interested in the cookie-cutter hotel chains, and so I thought I'd try NYC's Ivy Terrace B&B. I was thrilled! The location is perfect - tucked away on a busy yet quiet street, it is within walking distance to the subway, Central Park, excellent shopping and restaurants. Our room was comfortable, cozy, perfectly decorated and I truly appreciated the kitchen with its full size fridge, stove, sink and supplies. It was like having our own apartment. Having the kitchen saved us a lot of money as we could have breakfast there and easily heat and eat leftovers. The bed was better than the one I have at home - it was a truly superb experience. Whenever someone mentions they are going to New York, I always guide them to Ivy Terrace! Stay there!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed three nights at Ivy Terrace in the Waverly. It was wonderful. The bed was comfortable; the location was convenient. I have never stayed in a place that was more considerately decorated and equipped. The breakfast provisions were delicious and plentiful. Jeff and Vinessa, thank you so much for providing this fantastic experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple