“Our family's stay at Ivy Terrace, New York”
Review of Ivy Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ivy Terrace
Ranked #6 of 78 New York City B&B and Inns
Runaway Bay, Australia
“Our family's stay at Ivy Terrace, New York”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

From the moment we opened the door to our rooms we were plesantly surprised. The rooms were beautifully decorated and had everything you needed. Breakfast was provided with muffins, bagels, eggs, orange juice, coffee, tea and soap etc in bathrooms. Jeff was a pleasure to deal with and nothing was too much trouble. He told us about going to see the balloons being blown up the night before the Thanksgiving Parade, which would not be known to tourists but a typical thing that the New Yorkers do and it was great to see. Also Jeff told us about going out for thanksgiving and also gave us great advice on what to see in NY and how to get around. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if there was one thing to improve it would be the wi-fi connection which was going on and off a lot but Jeff acted quickly and got someone in to fix it. It was also a great location, easy to walk everywhere and the metro when you needed it. I would definitely recommend the Ivy Terrace to anyone who wanted to experience living like a New Yorker in an apartment versus a hotel. Much nicer and more room than a hotel and great personal service and advice. Many thanks to Jeff and Vinessa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BRM1960

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in the Greenwich room at the beginning of December and found it most comfortable .it was great after a day walking around the city to come back to our very "homely" room with the kitchen so we could make our own snacks/dinner or whatever we felt like. Ivy Terrace is in a great location close to subway,restaurants,supermarket, shops and Central park. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our family of 6 adults and 2 children recently spent Christmas week comfortably inhabiting the cozy confines of the Rose, Ivy and Greenwich rooms. A son lives close by and was also there constantly. It was a memorable holiday for all, made possible with the help of Jeff at the Ivy Terrace. He was amazing throughout the entire reservation, check-in, settling in and check-out process.
The rooms are impeccable. Two rooms have an outdoor balcony or terrace.The fridge is stocked with wonderful breakfast treats, coffee is plentiful. I cooked a Christmas feast in the well stocked kitchens.
You will be rewarded with great memories if you stay here. We truly felt at home.
If we could fill in a sixth star we would!!

Room Tip: If you like outdoor space Ivy or Rose rooms are great. The Rose room is good for parents with childr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nuriootpa, Australia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Everything about Ivy Tce is geared towards making your stay as calm and comfortable as possible. The location is fantastic - I walked to all the art museums, Broadway, Central Park and there is plenty of lovely shops nearby too. Excellent wi- fi makes planning your day a breeze and the food supplies - lets just say I am now an Aussie addicted to bagels - they were yummy and plentiful! I loved exploring every day and then heading back to the apartment for a quiet cuppa and recharge before setting out again! I was travelling internationally on my own for the first time in a very long time and I felt safe and secure at Ivy Tce and it was nice to know that my friendly hosts were easy to contact if I needed to. If you like your accommodation classy and effortless then I cannot recommend Ivy Tce highly enough.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the front rooms which I really liked as I could sip my tea and watch the streetsc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sue G
wkdwtch, Owner at Ivy Terrace, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Sue,
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments about your stay with us at Ivy Terrace. We do our best to make sure our guests have a "home" of their own in New York, and we understand how important it is to feel safe and taken care of during their stay. We are best suited for the visitor that likes independence and want to live like a local. Jeff and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in the Waverly Room in early November. Check-in was seamless. We called Jeff on arrival and we were in the room within minutes of when we got off the subway. The location is within a short walk to several subway lines that give you easy access to all of Manhattan. The neighborhood was a bit busy during the week, nothing like Times Square, but lots of people walking purposely, taking care of business. On the week-end, it was a lot more laid back. We always felt safe there. The breakfast part of the bed and breakfast is in the refrigerator and on the shelf above. We had plenty of milk, cereal, juice, eggs, bagels, etc. for our five night stay. The room was nicely decorated and everything seemed to be in good condition. There was plenty of room for us and our luggage. The bed was comfortable, and we slept well every night. There was no noise disturbance. On our first night, we had a bit of a problem with adjusting the water temperature in the tub/shower. We called Jeff; he looked into it, and he told us what to do to make it work. We had a great time in NYC and would highly recommend Ivy Terrace.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back and it was very quiet. Rooms in the front might be slightly less quiet, bu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
East Sussex, UK
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I can absolutely recommend Ivy Terrace B&B. Keen to avoid the extortionately priced hotels, we sought a guest house type experience and though this is not manned, it is perfect for a stay in NYC. Its location is excellent - close enough to feel part of the city but far enough away that it feels more homely. The subway is just a 5 minute walk away so even the furthest away places are reached within 20mins or so. It's off a quiet street, with some nice bars/restaurants nearby and we certainly felt completely safe at all times whilst walking around.

The room we had was really nicely furnished, and the fridge is well stocked meaning you can take it easy over breakfast (and save a few $ too) whilst a self-catering dinner is also an easy option. We met the Jeff and Vanessa on our arrival, who were all too happy to help and be on the end of the phone should we have any problems (which we didn't). All in all I can see why this is so highly rated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisbon
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed one week at the Waverly room. I called Jeff from Newark airport and he gave the code to enter the building and the room was ready. No hassle, no checkin. My room was just what I needed: cosy and warm. The fridge was well provided.
The only minus to the building is that it has a steep and narrow staircase. If you are carrying bags and do some shopping, you may have a problem going down the stairs.
This was my first time in New York near Christmas. I am sure that I will return and use Ivy Terrace again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business