“Brilliant!”
Review of Ivy Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ivy Terrace
Ranked #6 of 75 New York City B&B and Inns
Nuriootpa, Australia
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Everything about Ivy Tce is geared towards making your stay as calm and comfortable as possible. The location is fantastic - I walked to all the art museums, Broadway, Central Park and there is plenty of lovely shops nearby too. Excellent wi- fi makes planning your day a breeze and the food supplies - lets just say I am now an Aussie addicted to bagels - they were yummy and plentiful! I loved exploring every day and then heading back to the apartment for a quiet cuppa and recharge before setting out again! I was travelling internationally on my own for the first time in a very long time and I felt safe and secure at Ivy Tce and it was nice to know that my friendly hosts were easy to contact if I needed to. If you like your accommodation classy and effortless then I cannot recommend Ivy Tce highly enough.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the front rooms which I really liked as I could sip my tea and watch the streetsc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sue G
wkdwtch, Owner at Ivy Terrace, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Sue,
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments about your stay with us at Ivy Terrace. We do our best to make sure our guests have a "home" of their own in New York, and we understand how important it is to feel safe and taken care of during their stay. We are best suited for the visitor that likes independence and want to live like a local. Jeff and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in the Waverly Room in early November. Check-in was seamless. We called Jeff on arrival and we were in the room within minutes of when we got off the subway. The location is within a short walk to several subway lines that give you easy access to all of Manhattan. The neighborhood was a bit busy during the week, nothing like Times Square, but lots of people walking purposely, taking care of business. On the week-end, it was a lot more laid back. We always felt safe there. The breakfast part of the bed and breakfast is in the refrigerator and on the shelf above. We had plenty of milk, cereal, juice, eggs, bagels, etc. for our five night stay. The room was nicely decorated and everything seemed to be in good condition. There was plenty of room for us and our luggage. The bed was comfortable, and we slept well every night. There was no noise disturbance. On our first night, we had a bit of a problem with adjusting the water temperature in the tub/shower. We called Jeff; he looked into it, and he told us what to do to make it work. We had a great time in NYC and would highly recommend Ivy Terrace.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back and it was very quiet. Rooms in the front might be slightly less quiet, bu...
East Sussex, UK
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I can absolutely recommend Ivy Terrace B&B. Keen to avoid the extortionately priced hotels, we sought a guest house type experience and though this is not manned, it is perfect for a stay in NYC. Its location is excellent - close enough to feel part of the city but far enough away that it feels more homely. The subway is just a 5 minute walk away so even the furthest away places are reached within 20mins or so. It's off a quiet street, with some nice bars/restaurants nearby and we certainly felt completely safe at all times whilst walking around.

The room we had was really nicely furnished, and the fridge is well stocked meaning you can take it easy over breakfast (and save a few $ too) whilst a self-catering dinner is also an easy option. We met the Jeff and Vanessa on our arrival, who were all too happy to help and be on the end of the phone should we have any problems (which we didn't). All in all I can see why this is so highly rated.

Lisbon
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed one week at the Waverly room. I called Jeff from Newark airport and he gave the code to enter the building and the room was ready. No hassle, no checkin. My room was just what I needed: cosy and warm. The fridge was well provided.
The only minus to the building is that it has a steep and narrow staircase. If you are carrying bags and do some shopping, you may have a problem going down the stairs.
This was my first time in New York near Christmas. I am sure that I will return and use Ivy Terrace again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My daughter and I visited NYC for the first time, staying at the Ivy Terrace mid to end November.
The Ivy Terrace was perfect. The location is excellent and quiet at the same time.We were Close to everything. It made all the difference.
We stayed in the Victoria Suite and were so comfortable. It was our home away from home.
The decor is lovely, Exactly like is seen in the photos. The bed was very comfortable and our room nice and warm. We enjoyed our breakfast items and fresh coffee each morning.
We also enjoyed our blackberry brandy each night when returning home after an exciting day out.
Jeff and Vinessa are amazing hosts. They are so friendly and helpful and their attention to detail is second to none. Our holiday in NYC at The Ivy Terrace for Thanksgiving was magic and all we hoped it would be.
Michelle and Nicole

Room Tip: Size makes for a comfortable stay. A nice bed and bathroom are important. A kitchen is invaluable. H...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Turku, Finland
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at Ivy Terrace for two weeks in early Nov 2013.
I loved it! Super location! Super friendly staff.
Everything is close by!
I had the Zen Room.
I will definitely stay here again the next time I go to NYC.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Laila L
tilehurst
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at the Ivy Terrace for the second time at the begining of November.
Much better than a hotel....you come and go as you please...the kitchen area
has a fully stocked fridge which lets you have a relaxed breakfast in private
and in comfort before setting out for the day.
All the facilities you need and the perfect location for exploring the city.
It's a peaceful spot in the heart of a fantastic city....no one to bother you
but Jeff is always on the end of the phone with help and advice if needed.
We will be back......