“Wonderful Ivy Terrace”
Review of Ivy Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ivy Terrace
Ranked #7 of 77 New York City B&B and Inns
Washington DC
“Wonderful Ivy Terrace”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The reasons why Ivy Terrance is terrific are simple.
The location is great, just a block from the subway, near interesting restaurants, Bloomingdale's, and much much more.
The room is beautiful. The bed is firm and extremely comfortable (which is most often not the case, since I have a bad back). The kitchen area, which is sparkling clean, is exactly what one needs to make a cup of tea or, for that matter, anything. The owners provide the tea and other good things.
The breakfast food and the complimentary wine were a lovely touch.
It had everything one could need and more.
Last, there's a lovely terrace that you access from the front of the room (facing 58th St), where one can skyline gaze. It was a bit too cold to sit outside and read the paper, but in warmer weather, it would have been great.
Both my friend and I have bad backs, so Jeff carried our luggage up the couple of stairs.
All in all, I can't imagine anything better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barbara K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My mom and I Stayed here for 4 nights in October...as soon as we opened the door we knew it was the perfect place for us. We felt very much at home, after long days of walking and sightseeing it was comforting to know that we had this little slice of heaven to return to. We were very impressed with the attention to detail....all the breakfast items that were provided made it nice to wake up and sit out on the terrace instead of rushing out the door to find a restaurant....the location was perfect, within walking distance to a lot of places to see....Jeff was very helpful and kind.. (unfortunately we didn't have the pleasure of meeting Vinessa)....So to sum things up my mom and I had a wonderful time! If we ever return to NYC we will definitely stay at Ivy Terrace...and we will be recommending to friends♥

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank jennm24
wkdwtch, Owner at Ivy Terrace, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry we did not meet personally, but I am glad that you had a great time and felt right at home. We strive to make sure all our guests feel welcome and relaxed. The terrace is a wonderful place to people watch, glad you enjoyed it!
Fort Simpson, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at the Ivy Terrace in the Victoria Suite for 9 nights in September and loved it! The room was very spacious and was really quiet. It was on the top floor but the stairs were not an issue. Jeff was kind enough to take my luggage up and down for me, which was really appreciated after 9 days of shopping! I am also going to school online so having a place where I could have breakfast and drink coffee on the mornings I had deadlines was a nice bonus, as well as a table to work at. The room had all the amenities I needed, and the breakfast foods provided was more than I could eat in a week! The location was perfect, close to shopping, Times Square, central park, and the subway. I walked everywhere at all times of the day and night. I only wish I had known about the Ivy Terrace the first time my spouse and I travelled to New York! This is where I will be staying when I go back next year!

Room Tip: I think any room in this B&B would be great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jacky_demers
Northmead, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Ivy Terrace in the Greenwich Room for 4 nights. It was fabulous; your home away from home in NY. Kitchenette, stocked fridge, safe in the wardobe, free WiFi in room, what more could you ask for we loved it. Good Indian restaurant next door, laundromat a few doors down & the Roosevelt Tramway closeby. We will be back, thanks to Jeff & Vinessa the Hosts. Highly Recommended. Regards Karen & Phil Sydney, Australia

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LingLingLing
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Fantastic B & B in an excellent location close to wonderful shopping, Bloomingdale's, restaurants, museums, the subway - the list goes on and on. Easy walk to all the Broadway shows, Times Square and Central Park. The Ivy Terrace is perfect as a base in New York City. We spent three nights in the Ivy Suite which was a large room at the front of the B & B complete with an outside Terrace to sit and watch the world go by. The room had beautiful high ceilings with a wonderfully comfortable queen sized bed, a kitchenette that was very well stocked for breakfast for our entire stay, en-suite, a small safe in the wardrobe and free in room WiFi. It was very nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. There is a lot of construction happening in New York at the moment and we did find the room a little noisy at night, though one night was definitely worse than the others and even ear plugs didn't help. We probably should have turned on the air conditioner to help mask the noise that evening. I will also add that we are sensitive to noise so I'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue for most people. Thanks to Jeff for your hospitality. We really hope we can come back again one day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pnc87
colorado
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently were in NYC for 2 nights. We stayed in the Ivy Terrace room and it was fantastic. Very large, high ceilings, clean , loved having a kitchenette and a table to sit at. There is also a terrace off of our room. We were amazed at how quiet the area is. We loved the area and all the wonderful shops and restaurants. It was such a wonderful experience , considering we usually stayed in a big hotel on Times Square.
We walked to the Met and all over. It was easy to catch subways and do your own walking tours.
I highly recommend this place to everyone. It was so cozy and also there is breakfast in the fridge. Nice touch.I also have to mention the amazing soft sheets on the bed. I am going to order them as soon as I find out where they got them. They also have a night cap of brandy if you wish!!!
I left my purse in the lock box in our room. I did not realize it till I was in another state. I called Jeff and asked him to check the lock box for me. It was there and he fed xed it to me that day!!! I told him to let me know how much it was and he said no worries. I was so relieved that it was found and then to arrive to my home state and it was waiting for me. Thanks so much Jeff for being so kind and taking such good care of us.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Ivy Terrace room , one story walk up. Check to see what floor your room is on. This...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bellacolorado
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Exactly what I was looking for in NYC, too. And the peeps running this B+B are exceptionally helpful and friendly--so much so that it often felt as if we had a private concierge. We were stuck in NY during Hurricane Sandy, which hit the day we were to leave, and our hosts were wonderful, allowing us to extend our stay and reducing our rate for the duration of the crisis.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple