“Just Right for a NYC weekend visit!”
Review of Ivy Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ivy Terrace
Ranked #9 of 78 New York City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed in the Zen room which is on the third floor of the Ivy Terrace B&B in NYC. I decided to go up and spend a weekend visiting my daughter and have some fun. Although the Zen room is located on the third floor it is quite manageable if you are used to walking and in good shape. It is a large studio (by NYC standards) and had all the creature comforts one needs for a relaxing place to come back to after running around in the city all day. I arrived on a warm Friday afternoon and the room was all ready...air on, refrigerator stocked with breakfast essentials, more than adequate towels in the bathroom, maps in the nightstand, and a welcoming bed. The evenings were cool so I turned off the air-conditioning and opened the window. It was August mind you, and I realize many residents leave the city, but I was truly surprised at how quite it was. I slept well and woke up refreshed and ready to run around Manhattan again. Additionally, I know other rooms were occupied but I could not hear the tenants. Overall it's a quiet, safe, and wonderfully located Bed and Breakfast. I would highly recommend staying here as there is more space then a hotel room and it offers the convenience of a small kitchenette for breakfast and dining in.

Room Tip: Don't be intimidated by the 3rd floor location of the Zen room. If you are in shape it's lov...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Beachgalxo

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was EXACTLY what I was looking for in NYC. A great location with easy access to the subway... the #6 that runs up Lexington... perfect. On top of that, it's surrounded by terrific neighborhood restaurants. It's impeccably decorated, clean, every amenity has been thought out including wireless internet, flat screen TV, comfortable sheets, mattress & towels... need I go on?? We always stayed in a hotel in NYC, even though we do B&Bs everywhere else... I'm SO glad I found Ivy Terrace!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Rose Room & didn't even know I was staying in the city... NO street noise an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becca522
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Exactly what you want in a stay in NYC - close to Central Park and great restaurants...quiet neighborhood...beautiful, spacious rooms...fresh food in the refrigerator for breakfast. I stayed in the Rose Room, which had a lovely deck out back. Thanks for a WONDERFUL stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Nora B
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Ivy Terrace is everything you could want in a place to stay when visiting NYC.
Comfortable, clean, convenient and has many options of restaurants and food stores in the area.
Thank you Jeff for leaving well stocked breakfast items and cooking utensils in the kitchen. It allowed us more flexibility in our food & restaurant choices.
The Ivy room has a gorgeous terrace that overlooks the street. A little noisy at times, but the air conditioner did a great job masking the noise overnight.
My highest recommendation for this lovely apartment that we will return to when and if we return to NYC.

Room Tip: Ivy Room has a beautiful terrace overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This B & B was in a great location. Check-in was hassle free, bed was extremely comfortable; room was immaculate and fresh looking when we arrived. Although there is no formal breakfast, the fridge was stocked with eggs, juice, milk, bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, english muffins etc. Fresh fruit, coffee, and a variety of teas were also available. (The room where we stayed - the Rose Room - had an apartment size kitchen, which was very well stocked with supplies.) The Rose room is located one flight up in the back of the house. The terrace was lovely, but we couldn't use it because of the extreme heat in NYC during our visit, and the window units of the nearby apartment buildings were extremely loud. (Probably nice in autumn when all the air conditioners are turned off.) With windows closed, the room was very quiet - no street noise or outside air conditioner noise. The air conditioner in the room, and the ceiling fan kept the room nice and cool - a wonderful thing when the heat index is 100+ degrees! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank POODS53
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Waverly Room was just the right size for the two of us. The kitchen was well stocked with cereal, coffee (regular and decaf) and filters (and a four-cup coffee pot), tea (and a tea kettle), milk, eggs, bagels, English muffins, yogurt, orange juice, butter and cream cheese. There are silverware, plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, stemware, a bottle opener, and pans for the stove.

The Waverly Room seemed quiet to us - no road noise, no neighbor noise. The B&B location is safe and fantastic - just a few blocks from the subway, Starbucks, and Bloomingdales, and a handful of blocks from there to Central Park.

Both innkeepers were attentive and helpful, willing to offer recommendations for our time in NYC. We plan to go back to NYC, and we plan to stay at Ivy Terrace again. Thank you, Jeff and Vinessa, for making the experience so lovely!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelingAdvice4U
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had never been to Manhattan before so was guided by comments already made about Ivy Terrace. We were not disappointed with Location Convenience and Comfort all great.No washing machine but laundry right next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple