“Fantastic Service, Impeccable Quality, Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ivy Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ivy Terrace
You added Ivy Terrace to your Saves list
E. 58th street, New York City, NY 10022 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #6 of 82 New York City B&B and Inns
Long Island City, New York
“Fantastic Service, Impeccable Quality, Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Ivy Terrace is my favorite place to stay in NYC. Each room is more gorgeous than the next -- tastefully designed, cozy, comfortable, clean and fully-stocked with breakfast supplies. My favorite room is the Ivy Suite, which has a beautiful stone terrace overlooking 58th Street -- great for people watching! I love lounging on the terrace with a cup of coffee while planning my day. Although it’s close to museums, shops and city life, it’s seriously very difficult for me to leave that fantastic room! Vinessa, Jeff, and staff go out of their way to offer advice and tips for making my stay even better, and make me feel like a friend rather than a guest. You can’t go wrong with this charming B&B in the heart of NYC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cynthia G
wkdwtch, Owner at Ivy Terrace, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for your lovely review of Ivy Terrace! We are so happy to have been your hosts in Manhattan.
The Ivy Suite and Rose Room are the first to fill up in these warmer months. Having the terraces is a real plus and hard to find in the city. Luckily our guests often become friends and we feel so fortunate to have them and their families return year after year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Would thoroughly recommend, thou a bit of a walk to the hop on busses.
We had the ivy room, great size room, lovely sized balcony which we used one night to enjoy the complementary brandy nightcap. The breakfast provisions were great: heaps of yoghurt, breads, butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, juice, milk and heaps of apples/bananas. The steps are a little daunting at start to carry luggage to, but worth it for the rooms. Indian restaurant downstairs (the a not the c), was great.
We saw some other rooms and they all looked great as well
Definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2013
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The perfect stop for us coming from California on our way to Switzerland. The Greenwich Room was large, VERY clean and had everything we wanted. Bed very comfortable, the coffee and breakfast items were perfect and room was quiet. Jeff was very accomodating with our early arrival and late departure. I had stayed in Times Square for a few weeks during Super Storm Sandy and did not want to be in a big hotel again. This will be the place we return to when we come visit NYC it is a gem! Thank you Jeff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VABH
ft lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I visited NYC this past month and chose to stay at Ivy Terrace B&B. What a great choice I had made. From the moment I made my reservations I could not have felt more comfortable. I spoke with Vinessa who promptly suggested the best suite for my long stay and before we ended the conversation I felt like I knew her a lifetime. I arrived after a full day in the airport and was so happy to see the Waverly Room exactly as was described to me, actually it was even nicer and moire comfortable than I had expected. The furnishings were so comforatable and I felt a real sense of peace in spite of the fact that I was in the Big Apple...I had some business meetings during my stay and added some vacation time to my trip. I have been to NYC many times but I have to say that Ivy Terrace was one of the best places I have ever stayed, maybe even the best...I can only say good things about Ivy Terrace, Vinessa was wonderful, Jeff the on site manager was great and very accommodating and the Ivy Terrace itself was just the best. I will always stay at Ivy Terrace when I visit NYC. Thank you

Room Tip: They are all very special. If you like the outside the Ivy Suite and Rose rooms have terraces. The o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ftlaudtravel
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We loved our two-night stay in the Greenwich Room during a February snowstorm, and will definitely return. Very comfortable, surprisingly large room and bathroom for a Manhattan B&B. Loved the location - easy walk to the museums, Central Park, etc. and the neighborhood was relatively quiet other than rush hour and felt safe. We were out most of the time and didn't use much of the breakfast food provided (eggs, english muffins, oatmeal, cereal, OJ), instead walking a few blocks to the Madison (1st Ave and 53rd st), which is awesome. We arrived very early, racing out of Boston to beat a major snowstorm and they kindly allowed us to check in quite a bit early, which made our first day much better than it would have been otherwise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Paul M
South Salem, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a find! Stay here! Comfortable. Reasonable. No hassle.

Breakfast food (eggs, English muffins, too-sweet cold cereal) in the fridge.
Near EVERYTHING.

Parking lost nearby are expensive, but hey, it's NYC.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank vivian401
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very helpful service especially with last minute travel plan changes, Ivy Terrace staff are very accommodating. Good location - close to the luxury shopping and to Central Park, close to the subway too. The apartment is clean and well-equipped with the essential commodities: cooking facilities, TV, shower/bath. Good size for individual traveler or couple. Relaxing atmosphere, quiet environment, and hassle-free experience. Recommended stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business