Review Highlights
It shows its age in spots- but don’t we all?!

After arriving in the city at 6 AM and not being able to check into my hotel room, I was looking... read more

Reviewed March 11, 2018
aktchr
via mobile
Best I've encountered in NYC

Juvenex is quiet, clean, and soothing. They offer all sorts of services, but I go for the body... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $209.00
from $34.00
from $159.00
More Info
All reviews body scrub cucumber mask dead skin korea town new york techniques igloo koreatown rigorous therapist floor elevator lockers nyc
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Of all my 5 years going to juvenex spa, I was never so ill treated. Their facility and the facial treatment by kim are always fantastic, however the Russian manager who works in the front desk was horrible. Her greeting turn into a debate over 35dollars that is added with other services if you also wants to use the facilities. I care less about the cost as long as I get the relaxation. That's why people go to spas, not to argue. She became aggressive. I ended up paying for my express facial and using the facility for 20 mins or so as I always have. Finally what made it worst was she made a comment in front of me in Russian to another russian staff. Never did I felt so offended and disempowered. That is a cowardly act. I don't think anything will be done about it. She seems to be the only one that speaks fluent English there. I am very disappointed. I could not imagine being treated this way especially at korean spas who are known for their quality customer service. I tried to complained but it's pretty obvious the owner is not going to do anything about it. After made aware, no action was done. I go there and have always refer my friends there. I'll think twice before I'll go there again.

6  Thank SpeakUpNYC
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I was impressed with the interior of this spa. People were nice and the services were great. We loved the body scrub and the fresh amenities. I would like to recommend this place to people who wants to see what asian spa is all about! It was a beautiful trip for us.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

Fist of all - this is 24 hour SPA. Which means you can go there after a musical and even after midnight climb on Empire State building observation desk - like i did for example )
Second - it is very conveniently located - on Korean way, 32 street.
Third - this is not just SPA, this is a SPA which reads your mind )))

Here is my experience:

I came there around 1am without any prior appointment. I asked for massage - i took 1hour mixed techniques massage. The Spa was absolutely empty or it felt like that. I am not sure if you can take any treatment 24/7 - most probably it is just massages that are available at night, but they also have facials and body treatments.

I was given a robe and slippers. Then the lady showed my SPA amenities and told me that i can enjoy it as long as i want and my therapist will find me when i am ready for massage!! The amenities include: shower with full set of shampoos, conditioners and even toothbrashes with toothpaste and one time use razors!!! After i took shower, i went to dry sauna - i really dreamt of it after spending the whole day out in the city walking!!!!
After dry sauna there is steam bath!!! And on top of all of that there is ice water with lemon available just anytime!!!

So i spend there not less than an hour BEFORE my massage!!

Massage itself was just amazing!!! It was the best massage i ever had in my life!!!!
After i spent 3 days running around NYC with my camera and shopping bags everything ached, but after the massage i felt like i was newly born!! On the next morning i woke up like a new person - i could believe all that lightness i felt in my every muscle!!

i absolutely recomend it at least for night visits, since i can imagine that should it be crowded, i probably wouldnt enjoy the whole experience that much...

4  Thank Lelya_RU
Reviewed March 7, 2009

I'm not much of the spa type, but after seeing it online, I decided to check it out. I went with the "basic purification package". I left feeling rejuvenated! I would certainly recomment to everyone!

Reviewed June 9, 2008

I went with a friend. She had the hot stone treatment and I had the scrub and moisturizer/facial. My friend loved her treatment and only had one concern when her massage person adjusted her back. She wasn't expecting that, but it felt fine and she felt great after the treatment. I have been to german and US spas and this scrub was great. We went in the evening when it is coed but I wished we had gone during the day, as bathing suits are a pain but required in the evening. We went early (8pm on a Friday) with several couples there (all new to the spa.) It may get quite busy after hours. After our treatments they made us fruit plates and tea. It's a little dark there and may possibly not be a germaphobe's cup of tea, but if you are adventurous and enjoy hard scrubs, you will love it. The price is EXCELLENT (very cheap for the services, IMHO.) It's in Korea Town and the building entrance can give you pause (as well as the dingy elevator) but the actual spa is fine and the staff is very nice. Try it!

1  Thank InAustin