“WOW! Great Spa!”

Juvenex Spa
New York City, New York
“WOW! Great Spa!”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I was impressed with the interior of this spa. People were nice and the services were great. We loved the body scrub and the fresh amenities. I would like to recommend this place to people who wants to see what asian spa is all about! It was a beautiful trip for us.

Moscow, Russia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Feels like a gift from gods after a hectic day in NYC”
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Fist of all - this is 24 hour SPA. Which means you can go there after a musical and even after midnight climb on Empire State building observation desk - like i did for example )
Second - it is very conveniently located - on Korean way, 32 street.
Third - this is not just SPA, this is a SPA which reads your mind )))

Here is my experience:

I came there around 1am without any prior appointment. I asked for massage - i took 1hour mixed techniques massage. The Spa was absolutely empty or it felt like that. I am not sure if you can take any treatment 24/7 - most probably it is just massages that are available at night, but they also have facials and body treatments.

I was given a robe and slippers. Then the lady showed my SPA amenities and told me that i can enjoy it as long as i want and my therapist will find me when i am ready for massage!! The amenities include: shower with full set of shampoos, conditioners and even toothbrashes with toothpaste and one time use razors!!! After i took shower, i went to dry sauna - i really dreamt of it after spending the whole day out in the city walking!!!!
After dry sauna there is steam bath!!! And on top of all of that there is ice water with lemon available just anytime!!!

So i spend there not less than an hour BEFORE my massage!!

Massage itself was just amazing!!! It was the best massage i ever had in my life!!!!
After i spent 3 days running around NYC with my camera and shopping bags everything ached, but after the massage i felt like i was newly born!! On the next morning i woke up like a new person - i could believe all that lightness i felt in my every muscle!!

i absolutely recomend it at least for night visits, since i can imagine that should it be crowded, i probably wouldnt enjoy the whole experience that much...

4 Thank Lelya_RU
Savannah
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Absolutely Awesome!”
Reviewed March 7, 2009

I'm not much of the spa type, but after seeing it online, I decided to check it out. I went with the "basic purification package". I left feeling rejuvenated! I would certainly recomment to everyone!

Austin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great scrub, comparable to hammam experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I went with a friend. She had the hot stone treatment and I had the scrub and moisturizer/facial. My friend loved her treatment and only had one concern when her massage person adjusted her back. She wasn't expecting that, but it felt fine and she felt great after the treatment. I have been to german and US spas and this scrub was great. We went in the evening when it is coed but I wished we had gone during the day, as bathing suits are a pain but required in the evening. We went early (8pm on a Friday) with several couples there (all new to the spa.) It may get quite busy after hours. After our treatments they made us fruit plates and tea. It's a little dark there and may possibly not be a germaphobe's cup of tea, but if you are adventurous and enjoy hard scrubs, you will love it. The price is EXCELLENT (very cheap for the services, IMHO.) It's in Korea Town and the building entrance can give you pause (as well as the dingy elevator) but the actual spa is fine and the staff is very nice. Try it!

1 Thank InAustin
Long Island, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Do not go by the bad reviews”
Reviewed April 27, 2008

My husband and I went to Juvenex with low hopes and an unsure feeling after reading the reviews on this site. We decided to take a big step fwd and try it for ourselves. We were greeted by a lovely women who volunteered to show us around before we paid for our services. The price was quite good for all we were being offered. We were escorted to the back, where we were greeted by polite women who assisted us with undergarments and a private place to change as we are not comfortable changing in front of others. The place was clean, inviting and relaxing. We enjoyed our experience for over 2 hours and at no time were we uncomfortable by any of the surroundings. It was a surreal getaway, which we intend to return to. We have enjoyed many high-end spa treatments in various states and countries and we were overly satisfied by our experience here. I do not know if the couple experience differs from the day women only experience but if you and your partner want to get away and enjoy some time for just you and him, this is definately a place to go to.

4 Thank LILovers