Review Highlights
It shows its age in spots- but don’t we all?!

After arriving in the city at 6 AM and not being able to check into my hotel room, I was looking... read more

Reviewed March 11, 2018
aktchr
via mobile
Best I've encountered in NYC

Juvenex is quiet, clean, and soothing. They offer all sorts of services, but I go for the body... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $209.00
from $34.00
from $159.00
More Info
All reviews body scrub cucumber mask dead skin korea town new york techniques igloo koreatown rigorous therapist floor elevator lockers nyc
Reviewed June 6, 2016

went last week, asked for a hard massage and i fell asleep to say how soft it was.
I paid $135!!!! I explained my remarks to the blunt guy at the desk who completely ignored me.
Had way better massage in the same street at half the price

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed May 8, 2016

This was my first tyme at a spa I took my sis and we are very HAPPY w/the service I would Highly recommend this place

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

After a failed attempt of going to another spa my friend and I stumbled upon this spa. I must say we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was nice, facilities were clean and it has a relaxing atmosphere. I had a body scrub and a 30 mins massage. Being able to relax in the sauna, steam room and tubs prior to the scrubs was essential. The masseurs were very polite. I would definitely go again.

Date of experience: May 2016
2  Thank JanelM1660
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

We were in NYC for a weekend trip and decided to spend a few hours after dinner at Juvenex to soak as a couple. It was our first visit to Juvenex.

The entry from the street looked a little sketchy but its NY, everything can look sketchy at night. We went up the elevator to the fifth floor past an apparent karaoke club a level below. When the elevator doors opened, it was like we were transported to another place. The appearance of the spa was very nice. We were greeted warmly by the receptionists who i believe were Russian. We requested the jade journey and payed upfront. The prices were a little expensive but not unreasonable. We were then told to take off our shoes and don these hard plastic slippers. Then we were each lead to separate male and female changing areas. The male area really wasn't private with only a small movable screen to separate the locker area and the main spa and the back wall was only a half wall, but we frequent spas all over the world and are used to spa nudity. The female area was in a closed room. Each area had lockers with combination locks you set.

They required a bathing suit during coed times and they do provide suits for men and women but we brought our own. The swim wear supplied to the men were these long black boxers that were very baggy on most guys. The women had a two piece black tube top and very unflattering briefs. We wore a small sheer thong bikini and a sheer speedo with the expectation that if that was too risque that we would put on the supplied swimsuits but no one said a word. We would have preferred to not wear any suits but rules are rules i guess.

After changing, we were shown the spa area. It is fairly small but had a good use of space. The receptionist gave us an idea of what to start with and each a glass of fruit water. Then we were set to ourselves.

The spa consists of a hot dry sauna, hot wet sauna, three soaking pools (one cold, one warm, one hot). A room temp clay room (great for napping) a open cold rain shower by the wet sauna, and a row of open showers near the soaking pools. Next to the wet sauna is also where they do the body scrubs which we didn't partake in. We did see a few couple go in and heard the scrubbing and rinsing, sounded intense. And they offer massages but we weren't sure where they did those. There was also a private soaking tub that we saw one couple use.

We hopped in and out of all the saunas and pools but spent the most time soaking in the warm lemon pool. The dry and wet saunas very very hot, as they should be. We would go from one to the showers then to the other.

Overall it was a very relaxing experience, the facility was clean. And they cleaned nonstop. The tubs were emptied and filled while we were there. The towels and robes provided were nice, even though we didn't really use them much. Most of the people there at the time were couples. We didn't see any single guys. We will definitely visit Juvenex again on our next trip. We only wish that they would just drop the suit required rule. We would have given it five stars if it was clothing optional. We might even try the body scrub next visit.

Date of experience: March 2016
6  Thank LizandC
Reviewed October 16, 2015 via mobile

Every season.it's time to get really srubbed clean..Oh YEAH... I l like to go there in the morning
only females are allowed then
.after a lemon bath mud steam dry sauna in the HOBBITS Frodo house
..then strong sweet older ladies ..will take you and scrub you down like a baby.. wash your hair give you a REAL cucumber mask...it's an experience. If you go with friends you laugh all the way
.not a place to b shy in.

Date of experience: October 2015