Review Highlights
It shows its age in spots- but don’t we all?!

After arriving in the city at 6 AM and not being able to check into my hotel room, I was looking... read more

Reviewed March 11, 2018
aktchr
via mobile
Best I've encountered in NYC

Juvenex is quiet, clean, and soothing. They offer all sorts of services, but I go for the body... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $69.00
from $129.00
from $175.00
More Info
All reviews body scrub cucumber mask dead skin korea town new york techniques igloo koreatown rigorous therapist floor elevator lockers nyc
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We went here for a couples package. I have had several massages in my life and I have to say this is the top of my list!! My hubby and I had such a romantic time. WILL come back!!!

Date of experience: July 2011
4  Thank VacaySaver
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I found a good review of Juvenex in a New York Guide Book and decided to give it a go after a week of city walking. It was such a good decision.

From the outside and the communal corridor, you might think you'd come to the wrong place and we were indeed tempted to turn around. However, you take the lift to the 5th floor and it's like stepping out of the city and into another world. It was so serene and relaxing.

We were booked in for a reflexology massage each but upon seeing the spa I decided to ask how much that would cost. The receptionist told us it was an additional $35 each but that she would throw it in for free. She gave us disposable swimming costumes, towels, robes and slippers and showed us around. We were free to use all of the facilities. After changing, the receptionist offered us fresh fruit and a drink - even champagne!

Then we had our massage - which was like a mixture of Thai and Reflexology...worked wonders on our tired feet and legs and even involved and short head and shoulder massage! Absolutely fantastic!

We tipped at the end but later realised (after reading guidance in our travel book) that we had probably been a bit stingy, so I'm hoping this review will encourage more people to go there and increase their business.

Escape the city for a couple of hours...you won't regret it!

Date of experience: June 2011
5  Thank RossiRogers
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I was dying for a shiatsu massage and had one of the best ones I've ever had at Juvenex. While the massage took place on a table and not on the floor as I've had before, the masseuse (I think her name was Cindy) was wonderfully gentle at kneading out the knots! I then went on to have a deep cleansing facial with another beautician and my skin looked amazing afterwards. The whole process took 3 hours and cost $248 (plus tips). The lovely receptionist also plied me with ginger tea and pieces of cut fruit before and between my treatments. The salon is a little hard to find in the Korean section of New York but well worth it!

Date of experience: February 2011
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Of all my 5 years going to juvenex spa, I was never so ill treated. Their facility and the facial treatment by kim are always fantastic, however the Russian manager who works in the front desk was horrible. Her greeting turn into a debate over 35dollars that is added with other services if you also wants to use the facilities. I care less about the cost as long as I get the relaxation. That's why people go to spas, not to argue. She became aggressive. I ended up paying for my express facial and using the facility for 20 mins or so as I always have. Finally what made it worst was she made a comment in front of me in Russian to another russian staff. Never did I felt so offended and disempowered. That is a cowardly act. I don't think anything will be done about it. She seems to be the only one that speaks fluent English there. I am very disappointed. I could not imagine being treated this way especially at korean spas who are known for their quality customer service. I tried to complained but it's pretty obvious the owner is not going to do anything about it. After made aware, no action was done. I go there and have always refer my friends there. I'll think twice before I'll go there again.

6  Thank SpeakUpNYC
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I was impressed with the interior of this spa. People were nice and the services were great. We loved the body scrub and the fresh amenities. I would like to recommend this place to people who wants to see what asian spa is all about! It was a beautiful trip for us.