“Excellent!”
Review of Juvenex Spa

Juvenex Spa
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I found a good review of Juvenex in a New York Guide Book and decided to give it a go after a week of city walking. It was such a good decision.

From the outside and the communal corridor, you might think you'd come to the wrong place and we were indeed tempted to turn around. However, you take the lift to the 5th floor and it's like stepping out of the city and into another world. It was so serene and relaxing.

We were booked in for a reflexology massage each but upon seeing the spa I decided to ask how much that would cost. The receptionist told us it was an additional $35 each but that she would throw it in for free. She gave us disposable swimming costumes, towels, robes and slippers and showed us around. We were free to use all of the facilities. After changing, the receptionist offered us fresh fruit and a drink - even champagne!

Then we had our massage - which was like a mixture of Thai and Reflexology...worked wonders on our tired feet and legs and even involved and short head and shoulder massage! Absolutely fantastic!

We tipped at the end but later realised (after reading guidance in our travel book) that we had probably been a bit stingy, so I'm hoping this review will encourage more people to go there and increase their business.

Escape the city for a couple of hours...you won't regret it!

Date of experience: June 2011
"lockers"
"nyc"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 1, 2011

I was dying for a shiatsu massage and had one of the best ones I've ever had at Juvenex. While the massage took place on a table and not on the floor as I've had before, the masseuse (I think her name was Cindy) was wonderfully gentle at kneading out the knots! I then went on to have a deep cleansing facial with another beautician and my skin looked amazing afterwards. The whole process took 3 hours and cost $248 (plus tips). The lovely receptionist also plied me with ginger tea and pieces of cut fruit before and between my treatments. The salon is a little hard to find in the Korean section of New York but well worth it!

Date of experience: February 2011
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Of all my 5 years going to juvenex spa, I was never so ill treated. Their facility and the facial treatment by kim are always fantastic, however the Russian manager who works in the front desk was horrible. Her greeting turn into a debate over 35dollars that is added with other services if you also wants to use the facilities. I care less about the cost as long as I get the relaxation. That's why people go to spas, not to argue. She became aggressive. I ended up paying for my express facial and using the facility for 20 mins or so as I always have. Finally what made it worst was she made a comment in front of me in Russian to another russian staff. Never did I felt so offended and disempowered. That is a cowardly act. I don't think anything will be done about it. She seems to be the only one that speaks fluent English there. I am very disappointed. I could not imagine being treated this way especially at korean spas who are known for their quality customer service. I tried to complained but it's pretty obvious the owner is not going to do anything about it. After made aware, no action was done. I go there and have always refer my friends there. I'll think twice before I'll go there again.

6  Thank SpeakUpNYC
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I was impressed with the interior of this spa. People were nice and the services were great. We loved the body scrub and the fresh amenities. I would like to recommend this place to people who wants to see what asian spa is all about! It was a beautiful trip for us.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Fist of all - this is 24 hour SPA. Which means you can go there after a musical and even after midnight climb on Empire State building observation desk - like i did for example )
Second - it is very conveniently located - on Korean way, 32 street.
Third - this is not just SPA, this is a SPA which reads your mind )))

Here is my experience:

I came there around 1am without any prior appointment. I asked for massage - i took 1hour mixed techniques massage. The Spa was absolutely empty or it felt like that. I am not sure if you can take any treatment 24/7 - most probably it is just massages that are available at night, but they also have facials and body treatments.

I was given a robe and slippers. Then the lady showed my SPA amenities and told me that i can enjoy it as long as i want and my therapist will find me when i am ready for massage!! The amenities include: shower with full set of shampoos, conditioners and even toothbrashes with toothpaste and one time use razors!!! After i took shower, i went to dry sauna - i really dreamt of it after spending the whole day out in the city walking!!!!
After dry sauna there is steam bath!!! And on top of all of that there is ice water with lemon available just anytime!!!

So i spend there not less than an hour BEFORE my massage!!

Massage itself was just amazing!!! It was the best massage i ever had in my life!!!!
After i spent 3 days running around NYC with my camera and shopping bags everything ached, but after the massage i felt like i was newly born!! On the next morning i woke up like a new person - i could believe all that lightness i felt in my every muscle!!

i absolutely recomend it at least for night visits, since i can imagine that should it be crowded, i probably wouldnt enjoy the whole experience that much...

4  Thank Lelya_RU