“Awesome Sushi!”
Review of Morimoto

Morimoto
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #512 of 15,901 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: A, C, E at 14th Street. L at 8th Ave.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Wonderful fusion, sushi in a beautiful setting. The service is unbelievable and the sushi is fresh and top quality cuts. The fusion appetizers are amazing with interesting flavors combined to produce unique dishes. They also carry an extensive wine and sake list. Will definitely return on our next visit to NYC.

Date of visit: April 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed April 27, 2014

If you are in NY and you like sushi then you must go to Morimoto! It was so good that we went there twice. The first time we went we were lucky enough to sit in front of Robbi, one of the chefs who was fab. We chose from the menu and he prepared the dishes to perfection! So the second time we asked him to prepare a tasting menu, we shall remember for a long time. Some of the delicacies were: sea urchin, octopus and spicy cabbage; red snapper, onion, seaweed powder, caviar and wasabi; blue fin tuna, baby squid and lotus root; sea urchin tempura; red sniper, blue fin tuna, salmon, scallop and baby oyster abalone; west coast baby clam and North Atlantic clam. Service was impeccable, not to mention the heavenly cocktails and exquisite sake. Price wise, it is on the expensive side of the scale, but is definitely worth it. Added bonus: the lavatories, which do take you to Japan...

Date of visit: March 2014
2  Thank atbel
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We loved it again. The sushi's were awesome, the fish on the turf and surf dish was outstanding so was the lobster Thai curry.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The place is tastefully decorated and very aesthetic.
The food is amazing. Interesting and unique dishes. Excellent Service!!
I recommend to take the Omakase.
Stunning!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

First class service and food, lovely decor.
My best dining experience by far. I loved everything that was served, but the sushi platter was the best I have ever had. (I'm from WI, just not a fan of what is served here)-So fresh. Each dish explained and so beautiful, I had to take a picture of each course. Mixed greens /kabosu & shaved bonito,crispy rock shrimp /kochunang sauce/wasabi aioli, ten hr pork w/ congee,(btw,best congee ever& I've dined in Hong Kong), braised black cod-ginger sauce reduction-delicious, brined chicken /miso kabocha squash puree, ny strip, warm chocolate cake/blood orange-sake sherbet, & amazing apple bread pudding and I 'm not even a fan of bread pudding or apples.
I am so Grateful to have had this opportunity, really topped off the business trip. I will remember it always. (Don't forget to take a picture of the bathroom, yay, my first ever bathroom pic, ha).

Date of visit: March 2014