The Heartland Brewery and Rotisserie at the Empire State Building
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: New York City's most famous landmark, the Empire State Building, now houses New York's number one brewery, a two-story 450-seat Heartland equipped with two large bars and four giant flat-screen TV's. Our full-service restaurant breathes new life into an area overrun with fast food chains. More than just a watering hole with great beer, we offer both visitors and locals excellent food and a feeling of home that only Heartland can offer.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Dropped in for a few beers, which were nice. They brew their own beer so I wouldnt go in if you only drink beer such as budwiser but if you like experimenting then try Heartland

1  Thank JenMc81

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We were staying round the corner from this restaurant and walked past it one day. We thought it looked nice inside so decided to pay a visit later on.

We didn't realise that there was another area if this restaurant but we were taken downstairs when we got there which actually turned out to be nicer than upstairs. Our waiter was very friendly and asked us questions about our stay which was nice. Prior to this, waiters in other restaurants hadn't really bothered. He was very helpful and offered to talk us through anything on the menu if we wanted.

My mum chose some BBQ ribs with fries which was all very tasty and I chose southern fried chicken with mash. Delicious. I loved the mini crispy onion rings scattered on the top. The only thing I would say is that the mash wasn't very smooth. It was a very big portion for me but I'm quite small so I'm sure a fully grown man would have finished the lot! It wasn't the cheapest of meals but we really enjoyed it and the restaurant/bar had a very authentic American feel which was what we were looking for. After all, you don't really want to go to New York to go to an English or Irish bar - enough of those at home!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good atmosphere. My boyfriend had his best ever burger here! The side was good too, i had raspberry liquor in mine. We would go there again

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was convenient to my hotel, but I wish I had gone somewhere else. I did enjoy the stout they make, but the food was not very good. NYC is full of amazing restaurants, and I wish I had made a better choice.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our hotel was just around the corner from this restaurant at the Empire State Building. Good range of beers, and typical American Diner food. Good value, good service.

Travelers who viewed The Heartland Brewery and Rotisserie at the Empire State Building also viewed

Been to The Heartland Brewery and Rotisserie at the Empire State Building? Share your experiences!