“drank here late night”

Neighborhood: East Village
Reading, Pennsylvania
“drank here late night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

After leaving McSorley's (which closed really early for some reason), we weren't ready to call it a night, so we headed down the street to St. Mark's. We were the only people in there (again, surprised since it was a Thursday night), but that was fine b/c then we had great service. The beer selection was decent, and the bartender was really friendly. I wasn't really paying attention, but I think the beer here was really cheap compared to other bars in New York City.

I've been here before & the place was packed. I can't speak to the food, since I've never eaten here.

• Visited December 2012

toronto
“Good value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great service, good food and great value! Good place to watch a sporting event!

Visited March 2012
“Definitly a place worth stopping in”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I lived on St Marks Street and the St Marks Ale House was a constant watering hole. The upsides, great place to watch sports, great for big groups, decent craft beer on tap, and decent food. There is nothing I can say that is "bad" about the St Marks Ale House but I can definitely say nothing is amazing either. I lived two blocks down so I used to go there all the time for a good hamburger and a beer to watch some sports. Even when I go back to NYC I will still stop in for at least one drink. It has a good feel and if you are ever on St Marks I would recommend stopping in for reasonably prices beer and food.

• Visited December 2011
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Yummy American Ale House”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

The St. Marks Ale House was conveniently located next to our hotel and offers a wide variety of American favorites. We had spent the entire day walking on Broadway and 5th Avenue and were in much need of some hearty dishes. The food was delicious, with the exception of the "sweet tea" which was definitely not brewed on site. Although our server was pretty slack, we really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

Visited October 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is our favorite pub. It reminds us of a bar (CHT) that we went to at college. The drinks are great, the food is...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2008

This is our favorite pub. It reminds us of a bar (CHT) that we went to at college. The drinks are great, the food is great, and the atmosphere can't be beat! Definitely recommended for college students.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook