“Came highly recommended...but lefty hungry :(”
Review of The Spotted Pig

The Spotted Pig
Ranked #380 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

First let me say...EVERYONE in our group loved the Brunch/food, except me.

I'm not the 'adventures' eater as everyone else...so I was left wanting the French toast with maple bourbon syrup to NOT taste like alcohol, but it did.

My wife got the Dutch baby and my friend the scrambled eggs. The deviled egg appetizer was very good they said.

If you want to get drunk during your brunch, just have one or two Bloody Mary's and you will...again, they said they were awesome, I did not partake.

The bill was a little on the high side, but you are paying for the atmosphere too. We sat on little bar stools right by the front hostess stand, which was not a good place to sit BTW.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Me and my girlfriend arrived with great expectations given from friends, all were met!
We ordered the famous burger, with "spaghetti fries", kind of awkward but really tasty. Along with some beers this visit turned out to be one of the best, if not the best brunch in our trip. When it comes to the price, it was affordable, even considered it was in NY.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Went there because a friend recommended the burger and we were extremely disappointed.
1h to get a table, 45 minutes to get a burger, which is actually not a burger at all.
Just a steak, between 2 pieces of bread. No salad, no tomatoes, no pickles, no onions ... And for 20$ !!! Absolutely not worth it, in my opinion.
I'll never come again.
Go to island burgers on 9th avenue, much better value. The beef is good, but it's way too expensive fir what you get.
The place is worth seeing though. But go somewhere else if you wanna eat something good and not too expensive. I'd never recommend this place.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I thought this place was delicious. We arrived about 7pm on a Monday night, so we didn't have a wait. There are no reservations here though so if you don't want to queue, plan accordingly.

Here is what we had which I highly recommend, especially the Gnudi. Delicious.
Devils on Horseback
Sheep’s Milk Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter & Crispy Sage
Sautéed Ramps with Crispy Duck Egg & Anchovy Dressing
Grilled Skirt Steak with Roasted Beets & Horseradish Cream
Pan Seared Halibut with Pea Purée & Escarole

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This restaurant is not all bad, the staff is accomodating and some of the dishes are actually well cooked and delicious.
We had a savoury and tender lamb shank (with too little polenta, though) plus a dish of dull cardboard shrimps. However, before getting something to eat we had to wait for close to one hour. Most restaurants would have offered some sort of starter or amuse-gueule to compensate. At The Spotted Pig, they charge even salted almonds! (In all fairness, we were offered a free glass of wine - but at the end of the meal.) Add to this that in order to maximize revenue per square foot, customers are seated on stools and the tables are too small to accomodate an adequate number of plates. At the start of the meal, we had to stack the full plates in order to make room for everything on the table!
Apparently, this restaurant has received a Michelin star. I live in France and there is no way a Michelin inspector would have considered including a similar French restaurant in the guide, let alone granting a star. Don't let the reviews fool you. There are far better ways to spend 200 $.
Forgot to mention: the wine was corked. This happens, but nobody bothered to ask.