“Superb meal- twice now”
Review of Del Posto

Del Posto
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Posto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 13,822 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 10th Avenue and 16th Street
Transit: 14th Street & 8th Avenue.
Shanghai, China
“Superb meal- twice now”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have had the opportunity to eat at Del Posto twice now and feel lucky to do so. One time was with my wife and brother/ sister in-law and the other for my best friend's wedding reception. Each time was different, once for a private dinner for four on the main floor, and then downstairs in the grotto for the wedding reception. None the less each time both the food and wine were among the best I have ever tasted in my life. The service is first rate and the overall atmosphere while upscale is never stuffy. Overall both experiences were amazing, and while pricey, it is worth every penny.

• Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
“Fabulous food and service”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Friends brought us here for dinner and we were impressed from the moment we walked into this beautiful restaurant. High ceilings and beautiful decor create a relaxing ambience. We had drinks first in the bar, and then were shown to our table. Small padded stools were brought to the ladies to set our purses on, so they didn't have to be placed on the floor! The wait staff is the most professional group of servers I have ever seen - they seemed choreographed to make our evening enjoyable. Our wine was served in beautiful large glasses and refills were poured for us before we even thought to ask. And the food - I have never had such amazing food in my life. The vegetable salad was light and delicious, and the greens with truffle dressing was so good I can't find words. We split a 100 layer lasagna as an appetizer - yes, 100 layers of perfection - who knew lasagna could be so light and flavorful? My salmon entree was wonderful, and everyone in our party raved about their meals - veal chops and steak. I must say, this is a VERY expensive restaurant, but I believe it's the best dining experience I've ever had. I don't say that lightly - we have eaten at many, many great restaurants - but this one tops them all in every way. Plan to spend some money, but know it will be a dining experience you will never forget.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank AmyGNewJersey
New York City, New York
“Stupendous!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The minute we walked into the restaurant I was wowed! The gorgeous decor, the vaulted ceilings, the lighting, the detail. Totally an extremely well run professional restaurant. The 5 course tasting menu is one of, if not the best, meal and dining experiences I have ever had.. Even the breads were killer. Great wines in fabulous glasses. Nothing was missed here. Very pricey but totally worth the splurge! Amazing meal from start to finish!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank freshpeetza2
Sydney, Australia
“Best Italian in NYC”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Is this the best Italian restaurant in NYC? Probably. The decor and ambience of the room is stunning. The vast high ceiling room with its somber tones is a real treat to eat in. Service is exquisit being friendly, warm, efficient and very knowledgable. The menu offers wonderfully invented Italian dishes. Al la Carte or fix prix are available. The fix prix provides choices from the main menu and is not a special menu which is a mark of how confident the chef is of his meals. The wine list is now on iPad and is easy to navigate. It is predominatly Italian wines with some French. We opted for the optioin to match wines to each course and the wines chosen worked beautifully with each course.
The taste sensations provided each side of the menu selected are a work of art and wonderfully presented and delight to sample.
This is a wonderful place to eat beautiful Italian food.

Visited March 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Top notch upscale Italian cuisine”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Having eaten at several of Mario Batali's restaurants in NYC, Del Posto is definitely the cream of the crop. Had the prix fixe lunch and it was truly one of the best meals I have ever had anywhere.
The Carne Crudo appetizer was absolutely divine and is a reason in itself to return.
The waitstaff are very well trained and watching them at work is a fascinating diversion.
My only grouse is that the wines though excellent, are too exorbitantly priced, even for a restaurant of this calibre, and will significantly add to your tab if you are not careful.
Still, a great dining experience overall, Del Posto has earned a place on my must do list when in NYC.

• Visited March 2014