“Great staff, good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Midtown West

Quality Inn Midtown West
Ranked #363 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Great staff, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff were all friendly and helpful! The bed was comfortable and room was clean. About a 10 min. walk to Penn Station, where you can get the subway or trains. The location was a little out of the way but not too bad. Parking lot was very close to the hotel, which was great. I would go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
Brantford, ON Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The price, location and staff at this hotel could not have been any better. The breakfast that is included is great and filled us up every day for our long adventures. There is coffee, tea and water available all day which is great to come back to and head up to your hotel room. The rooms are not large by any means but they are doable for NYC and for the amount of time spent in the room it shouldn't matter. Our A/C worked great and we had a huge flatscreeen tv. There was only 4 rooms on our floor we were on the 12th. We had a street view which was nice. Once you are in NYC you will realize shortly why the rooms are so small! From what I have heard from friends all hotel rooms in NYC are smaller than average. Our room was cleaned every day during our stay and we were left lots of extra towels every day if we needed them. The staff are always willing to help! Our flight got cancelled the day we were leaving and they let us stay in our room an hour later and they kept all of our luggage in a locked room that no one else could access. I have already recommended this hotel to other people and would def return here the next time I visit NYC.. It is in between 9th and 10th on 36th street. It is not in the hustle and bustle but it is not far at all. It is nice to leave the chaos and end up in a not so busy area. The reason I rated the pool and the fitness centre poor is because there wasn't one :) Thank you to the the staff at Quality Inn Midtown West YOU ROCK & I can't wait to return!!!!!!

Room Tip: we had 2 double beds for friends travelling together!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank jaalltheway
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn Midtown West, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Jaalltheway,
Id like to thank you for staying with us at The Quality Inn Midtown West. Yes there are many hotels to choose from in NYC but our staff does what we can to give that added touch of hospitality that make our guest feel at home. I am also pleased that you found the room to be to your liking. I am sorry that we don’t have a pool on property but with all the rain we have been getting here in the city I don’t see how you weren’t able to swim around town like the rest of us have been. Again thank you for taking the time for your review we appreciate it. The only reason we Rock is because of guest like you. We hope to see you again soon, and again thank you for choosing us.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff at this hotel really made my stay here so wonderful. They were so helpful, made my check in and checkout easy, and even allowed me to checkout 2 hours late without penalty. The room was super clean, and the bedding was very comfortable. I booked a room where I paid in advance so I got a great deal on this room, and the location was great. Its just blocks from Times Square, subway, bus, and train. There is free breakfast, which was great. The selection was good and there was always complimentary lemonade, coffee and tea in the lobby. If you stay on the upper floors on the street side, the views are very lovely as well. This is the perfect hotel for the casual traveler on a budget. I will definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors facing the street if you want a nice view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sweetnovemberbee,
Thank you for staying with us at The Quality Inn Midtown West. It’s wonderful to hear that our staff made your stay wonderful. We do our best to make every guest that stays with us more than just a guest but almost like a member of the family here. We are always pleased to give a late check out if it’s available and occupancy permitted. The holiday season will soon be upon us and NYC is a great place for shopping and taking in the holiday sights and sounds. We hope to see you again during this time, and again thank you for choosing us.

Weston, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

hotel staff was very nice and seemed to be very eager to assist with whatever was needed.
the hotel is going through renovations which no one advised me upon reservation. the room was small but comfortable. cleaning people outside my door(8th floor) were making noise at 7.00 am saturday and sunday morning. breakfast was ok but guests were cramped in a very small area which made it very difficult to sit down and eat,,there was a large water stain on the celing, and sink in bathroom had a long crack in it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Yorkale,
Let me start by saying thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Midtown West. I am pleased that our staff was pleasant and helpful. I’m sorry for the renovations we were doing in the lobby. We are making some changes to the front desk to update the look within the lobby. We did our best to make it as least inconvenient to our guest as possible. I am also looking into the housekeeping staff and what time they start cleaning on the floors. Normally on the weekends they don’t start until 9-930 so I will have to investigate who might have been cleaning at that time. As far as the bathroom, my maintenance team is going through each and every room as we speak to find that bathroom to address the stain and to address the sink as well. Please know that we are listening to your review and we are taking care of all the issues you may have experienced during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and again thank you for choosing us.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were looking for a hotel to spend the night while touring Manhattan, we chose this one and were not dissapointed. Excelent customer service, clean and with good location.
The bed was comfortable, everything worked well, the breakfast was nice. The rooms are small for family but good enough for a couple.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is a great selection. It's about four blocks from the subway. The room was small but adequate and very clean. I cannot say enough about the customer service of all of the staff. Every front desk staff member was extremely helpful with our every request. They gave us directions to everywhere we asked. They gave great recommendations for restaurants and other attractions. They even hailed a cab for us. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Skyebreaz,
My Team and I at the Quality Inn Midtown West thank you for staying with us during your most recent stay. I am so happy to hear that our staff made your stay that much more enjoyable. I will share with the teams your response to their everyday attitude they take with each and every guest. Once again I thank you for staying with us and your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Endwell, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We recently stayed at this NYC hotel and were very pleased with everything about it. The room that we had was very clean and comfortable. Our king bed was very comfortable, the linens were clean and fresh. Our stay included a nice breakfast with make your own waffles, eggs, sausage. Wifi was included free. I was a bit worried about walking in the neighborhood late at night, but my worries were completely unfounded. The staff were all super friendly and helpful. Our room was very quiet too, I slept very well!
We will certainly book this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Betsy712,
On behalf of the Quality Inn Midtown West we thank you for staying with us during your most recent stay to NYC. We are pleased you found the hotel to your liking and that our team made your stay pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.