“Friendliest hotel in town.”
Review of Hudson River Hotel

Hudson River Hotel
Ranked #389 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I liked everything about this hotel, location, safety, cleanliness, and friendliest of the staff. Very very accomodative people, helping me with parking my car in front of the hotel (at night only), helping me with directions to different places and storing my luggage, after checking out. I'll highly recommend this place to other travelers to New York City and definitely, stay there again, next time visiting the city with my family.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Abid A

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Made last minute reservations at the Comfort Inn Convention Center because of its reasonable price and it proximity to the Megabus pick-up. Can't say enough about this hotel. It is small but clean and the staff is fantastic. On two different occasions, members of the hotel staff went above and beyond what I would expect from a normal hotel. (Omar and Lisa were great). Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bubbyterp
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Girlfriend and I were writing an important exam at The Jacob K Javits Convention centre (NYC West). The hotel manager at that time (Hermet) was really friendly in welcoming us and even though we arrived 2 hours before check-in time, he managed to check us in by upgrading us to a better room.
The other managers over the next 2 days were just as friendly. I have stayed in NYC a couple of times and ALL of the hotels had no sense of welcoming, rather the sense of "give me your credit card and get up to your room". So this is a well run hotel, even though they really small, i recommend them for this. Location is superb for the convention center, with a 5min walk to convention, a 5min walk to B&H and a 15-20min walk to Times Square.
The breakfast was really good and way-better than your average "continental breakfast".
Price paid compared to others in area - well priced in terms of what you get!
Shower pressure was really good, the only thing i would suggest is that they change the shower curtains - they look neat, but the are not water repellent.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and 2 children due to excellent value for money. This is my 3rd time in NYC BUT 1st at this hotel. It was a bit rough around the edges, needs lick of paint and new carpet but beds were very clean and comfy so what more do you want. When in NYC WHO WANTS TO BE IN THEIR HOTEL? This hotel is about 3 blocks or 10 mins walk from macys but very easy to get too and from. If u want a cheap sleep with free breakfast I would recommend

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I traveled last minute to attend a Board Meeting, and I couldn't find myself justifying $400+ a night for a 4 hour meeting, so I stumbled upon this place. Near where I needed to be and a reasonable rate. I can get a little unsure about places such as a Comfort Inn (Choice being nowhere near my brand of choice) but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was cozy enough and clean and the service was good. I encountered two FD people, all of which were friendly and helpful with what I needed. I doubt I'd be back, just based on my personal preference of chains, but if I found myself (or anyone seeking my recommendation) in a pinch, I would happily send them here, I was pleased.

Room Tip: The rooms are not sound proof at all, I heard every siren and horn honk in a 4 block radius. But, I...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The rooms are clean and tidy, but extremely small. Every day cold water when showering in the morning (evenings are OK-ish). The breakfast consists only of fat-rich products: sausages, fried eggs, muffins, donuts and wafels, nothing healthy. Even the milk is fat, whole milk. WiFi wasn't working during my whole stay (one week). No fitness, no swimming pool.

To get back to JFK, I asked the reception to book a taxi. She booked a non-registered (illegal!) one which insisted on paying 80 dollars after arriving at JFK. The yellow cabs ask about half that amount. Apparently the driver was the boyfriend of the receptionist. Really unbelievable.

All-in-all I wasn't pleased with this hotel. I can't recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bas V
General M, General Manager at Hudson River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Bas V,
Thank you for having choosen the Comfort Inn Midtown West during your most reent trip to NYC. We like to take this opportunity to apologies to you for not meeting or exceeding your expectations of the Comfort Inn. Your review does make a difference, it helps us to identify areas where we can improve upon. But i do believe that our breakfast offered a wide variety of items that were not rich with fat. Such as dry cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, and pasteries.
I am disturbed in regards to the private taxi that you requested. Yellow NYC taxi can not be booked, only hailed in the street. The private car taken to JFK is $80 flat fare, compared to a metered yellow taxi. But what is disturbing is the claim that the driver was related or associated with an employee. I would like to discuss this issue with you personally and ask if you can contact me at midtown.gm@comfortnyc.com.

Best Regards,
Lawrence Hou
GM

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We just stayed one night here and although it isnt the fancies hotel, it has everying you could need. The area is quiet and a little bit out of the way but not so far that it was inconvenient. The rooms are a but dated and dingy but clean and supplied with everything you could need. I found the wifi connection not very good. The breakfast area is tiny with just a few tables but the breakfast was satisfactory. Toast, waffles, eggs, sausges, yogurt etc were available and although may not have been of the best quality, they did the job. The best thing about this hotel is the staff, they are great, very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again and can recommend it but be aware it is a buget hotel so dont expect the ritz.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Manx_kitten ,
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Midtwon West during your recent trip to New York City. We hope that you had an excellent trip and fully enjoyed the NYC landscape, broadway, musuems. We wanted to take this time and thank you for your positive comments, it reinforces our mission and direction. In apprecation for your reveiw please use "LGEMR" on your next return trip.
Best regards,