“Good Food..”

Havana Central Times Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central Times Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 14,122 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th
Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
Description: Step through our restaurant's doors in Times Square and find yourself transported to the golden era of Havana, Cuba. It's a vacation complete with flavorful specialty drinks, classic Cuban dishes, circa 1950s decor, a festive live band, and a feeling that you're part of our family -- a true celebration of Cuban culture. Whether you're out taking a lunch break, enjoying happy hour after work, or settling down at the end of a long day of sightseeing, we can't wait to welcome you on a fanciful excursion to this fabled island.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Went here with friends.. loved the food.. restaurant is so nice.. and price is not that bad.... fun place in the middle of Time Square

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The atmosphere, and live Cuban music was awesome! We had the pulled pork and pineapple chicken, along with their classic Mojito and margarita. Delicious!!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Every time we are in NYC, we try to visit Havana Central. The food is good and the atmosphere is entertaining. We love the spirit of this place. And, the mojito's are fantastic! Great bar; efficient service!

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The food is very tasty and the drinks the best fourth visit so far can't get enough of those mojitos

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I work in the area and my friends (in the area) and I use this place to treat ourselves for lunch. The lunch specials are a good price and a good value.

Possibly the best thing about this place is the decor and ambiance. You walk in and it feels like you're in Havana (or so I'd imagine, having never been). The decor is perfect. The high ceiling makes the place feel huge (it's big anyway) but the colors, design, decor, artwork, etc. are very Cuban style and beautiful. To me, it's like being in one of the fancier Cuban restaurants or hotels in the Miami/South Florida area.

The service is very good - a couple missteps on occasion but by and large good and attentive. They seem to care very much about serving the customer, even if they do misstep once in a while.

The menu is pretty typical cuban - pernil, picadillo, etc. with plantains, rice, beans, etc. - but everything they make is quite good. I am a pernil (roast pork) junkie so that's almost all I ever get, and it is excellent here! . My friends have raved about the stuffed pepper, ropa vieja (beef), chicken and rice, and the cuban sandwich. Their maduros (sweet plaintains) are probably the best I've ever had. Rice and beans are very good here also.

The drinks enhance the dining here. I'm not a big beverage guy beyond coke/pepsi or water. Here, however, I get their lime-aid. They have plain lime-aid and versions with mango and papaya - I've had all three and they're excellent. There might be others I have yet to try. The lime-aids are fresh and real and loaded with lime juice and limes. Almost like having an alcohol-free mojito with no mint - these drinks are made fresh. Speaking of mojitos, they do them perfectly here. I like them on the sweet side and that's how they are here.

Now, I have only been here for lunch, albeit many times over the past couple years (at least once a month, usually more). I hear dinner is an excellent experience and includes great live music. I also hear the bar scene is crowded, as is the restaurant (hard to get a table very often). It is right in Times Square (well, about 50 feet off from it) so they get tourist business but it is a very well-regarded spot by locals, so they get hit with everyone. Looks like it would be good for entertaining friends, family (with older kids), or romantic/dates (it's not quiet or "intimate" romantic but more fun romantic).

All-in-all it's a good experience with very good food in a great environment and at a reasonable price, which makes for a good value. I routinely recommend this place to visitors from out-of-town. Now I can't wait to go back!