“Fun place to dine!”

Havana Central Times Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central Times Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #364 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th
Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
Description: Step through our restaurant's doors in Times Square and find yourself transported to the golden era of Havana, Cuba. It's a vacation complete with flavorful specialty drinks, classic Cuban dishes, circa 1950s decor, a festive live band, and a feeling that you're part of our family -- a true celebration of Cuban culture. Whether you're out taking a lunch break, enjoying happy hour after work, or settling down at the end of a long day of sightseeing, we can't wait to welcome you on a fanciful excursion to this fabled island.
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Fun place to dine!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We opted to try this place because it's right off of Times Square and we wanted to dine close to the theatre we're going to for the late show. The vibe is great, definitely hopping! The menu is extensive and everything we ordered was delicious. All the drinks were consistently well made and my husband and I even shared El Gran Borracho - their signature 51 oz rum punch! Their roast pork dishes are definitely the best. We will go back!

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Great food and music”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent food, service and salsa band. We conquered the El Gran Borracho! Only 2 minutes from Times Square

Visited September 2013
surrey, british columbia
“Good Food and Drinks”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a tasty lunch with good mojito's on September 12, 2013 at Havana Central on 46 Street (between 7th and 6th Avenues) in New York City. We both selected our lunches from the "Classic Cuban Lunch Plates" menu, with my wife enjoying her "Chicken and Rice" ($12.95 plus tax) and I enjoying my "Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper" ($12.95 plus tax). Overall, a great lunch for New York City.

Visited September 2013
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“Loud but bearable.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

It's kind of hard to find just the right restaurant in NYC that has good atmosphere, is quiet enough for conversation, not too expensive, right location, with food that a multinational group will all like, and good service. I think Havana Central comes as close as possible.
Location - VERY handy to Times Square and theaters.
Cost - Reasonable (You can get out for under $40 pp).
Food - I have yet to meet a person who can's find something on a Cuban menu to like, and all of the dishes here were well received by all - Almost too much food between appetizers and entrees.
Atmosphere - They strove for pre-revolution Havana and I think they got it.
Quiet - Well, the place can get pretty loud, but the servers were very good about moving us upstairs where it is slightly quieter. It started getting a little uncomfortable as the place filled up, but we were able to get through an early dinner without having to shout to be heard.
Service - We dealt with a couple of servers and the hostess, all of whom were very good and friendly. My one complaint was the speed of service. Not slow, they were a little quick! They basically pulled dishes in some cases as you were taking the last mouthful, and kept looking to take an appetizer plate before it was finished. They also brought out the entrees when we were still eating appetizers - and we weren't dawdling over the appetizers!
Generally, the good outweighed the bad and we would gladly go back.

“Great,not excellent”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I visited Havana Central Times Square on 9/20/13 . I was going to see a Broadway play"Annie" and this restaurant was right around the corner. This was my 5th visit here and all my past visits have been excellent,but this time not so good. I had reservations and was seated promptly.The server was okay, not very friendly,didn't tell us his name.We ordered drinks and appetizers first,both were very good.My entree of oxtails was very tasty,but very greasy. I didn't finish my food,I took home a doggy bag,and thank God I put the bag on the floor in my car because the grease leaked through the container. Management did stop by the table and inquired about our service,which was a nice touch. I will chalk this visit up to the restaurant having a bad day,and I will most likely return again because all of my previous visits were great,and normally the food,drinks, service and prices are great.