“Perfect preceding a matinee”

Havana Central Times Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central Times Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #371 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th
Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
Description: Step through our restaurant's doors in Times Square and find yourself transported to the golden era of Havana, Cuba. It's a vacation complete with flavorful specialty drinks, classic Cuban dishes, circa 1950s decor, a festive live band, and a feeling that you're part of our family -- a true celebration of Cuban culture. Whether you're out taking a lunch break, enjoying happy hour after work, or settling down at the end of a long day of sightseeing, we can't wait to welcome you on a fanciful excursion to this fabled island.
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“Perfect preceding a matinee”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were headed for the Manhattan Theater Club and wanted to try something beyond the many Italian restaurants in the area. Havana was perfect. We had a reservation (which included a note that we needed to make a 2:00 curtain). Although the place was crowded, we were seated right away. All the waitstaff we interacted with were upbeat, down home, and generous of spirit.

Because we wanted a light lunch we stuck to appetizer/tapas dishes. My companion tried pulled pork tacos which she said were delicious, and my goat cheese empanadas were just the thing. I got two of those and one shrimp, but there are other choices. Home made lemonade with fresh strawberries hit the spot on a grimly hot day.

Good service and food all around. Next time we'll try something different.

Of note, I did see that the drink prices at the bar were very reasonable for NYC at 6$

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BessieLil

Atlanta, Georgia
“Wow! Best drinks ever!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Monday night and there was a decent size crowd. Sat at the bar and Danny was our bartender. He was friendly, funny and quick witted. The drinks were amazing! They use REAL fruit juice in their drinks, not the concentrated crap served at most bars. The sangria is good too. I had the vegetable paella, chicken empanadas and corn on the cob. Everything tasted great! Just be warned the paella is enough for 2 people. I highly recommend this place and a big thanks to Danny for putting up with the silliness of my fiancé.

• Visited June 2013
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
“Cuba in NY City”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great atmosphere, Latin food and music just a half block off Times Sq. Reasonably priced for its location. Fun, Fun, Fun!

Visited June 2013
Sammamish, Washington
“Good Food, Great Mohito, Sketchy Service”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a very tasty dinner of pineapple chicken and moro, my fiance had a pulled pork mofongo and the best mohito ever.

The only issue came when the bill arrived. I paid with a credit card and when the payment slip arrived the total was different than the original bill. We waited for the server to return, but eventually gave up as we had a show to catch.

• Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
“Awesome Mojitos!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Short visit to NYC but stayed very close to this restaurant. Just popped in for a mojito, as I adore them, and some munchies. The empanadas were really good. They weren't greasy at all. The service was a bit slow but had a great band playing, although had I been there for a full meal I may have thought it was rather loud. The mojito was excellent and boy, do they pump them out! No fake mint flavor, thank goodness. Bartender was pleasant but not over interested in serving us. I always worry about the prices in Midtown and right off of Times Sqaure, but was pretty reasonable. I can't speak to the authenticity of all the food but was an enjoyable experience.

• Visited July 2012