“Always reliable”

Havana Central Times Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central Times Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #354 of 13,689 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th
Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
Description: Step through our restaurant's doors in Times Square and find yourself transported to the golden era of Havana, Cuba. It's a vacation complete with flavorful specialty drinks, classic Cuban dishes, circa 1950s decor, a festive live band, and a feeling that you're part of our family -- a true celebration of Cuban culture. Whether you're out taking a lunch break, enjoying happy hour after work, or settling down at the end of a long day of sightseeing, we can't wait to welcome you on a fanciful excursion to this fabled island.
New York City, New York
“Always reliable”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Whenever I'm looking for a restaurant in the Times Square area, this is my go-to choice. The food is always delicious, and the staff is terrific and helpful. I've been there pre-theater a few times, and the (incredible) food was always delivered with plenty of time so that you don't have to rushed to make curtain time. I strongly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mike S

Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This restaurant had absolutely hands down the best Cuban food I have ever eaten. It was incredible. Of the dishes we ordered I would recommend the Ropa Vieja.

Our waitress was very friendly and made us feel comfortable and the setting is beautiful.

They also have an area where you can reserve for special occasions which can be closed off from the rest of the restaurant.

Definitely worth stopping by for lunch or dinner if you happen to be in the timesquare area.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank chosenfew321
Rego Park, New York, United States
“Black Beans from a can....”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I had a Groupon for Havana Central. I had eaten lunch a few times at their other location on 17th street and enjoyed their food. So when we were able to get a groupon for the uptown location we decided to go.

We made a reservation, as suggested, and were shown to a table in the upstairs dining area. This place is a barn, I mean really big. The customers were packed it at the downstairs bar and the noise level was deafening. The upstairs area was slightly quieter.

I ordered the Pernil Asado. The pork was tasty and succulent and was served with rice and black beans. Well their tasty pork was over shadowed by the fact that their black beans tasted like they were from a can, Goya anyone? My wife ordered the Rabo Encendido. The oxtail was also well cooked but it too was served with rice and canned Goya beans. I mean how hard is it to cook black beans? I deducted a star for serving canned beans.

I also noticed just recently that their restaurant on 17th was gone. If they keep serving canned beans they'll find their uptown location closed too. Once was enough.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank B_Skyscraper
London, United Kingdom
“Go cuban!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Decided to stop here on a whim when wondering where on earth to eat! I don't regret the decision at all - one of the nicest (and strongest!) sangrias I have ever had, followed by a very tender steak sandwich with amazing sweet potato fries. My friend's shredded pork with rice was also delicious. Slightly on the pricey side ($40 for a pitcher of sangria), but for the location, I think that was to be expected. The buzz in the restaurant was great too, which added to the experience.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bex10121
“Riquísimo!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

It was hard to stay seated as the live band played. The atmosphere is friendly and lively. Service was great. The waiting staff was very cooperative working together for the best service. The food was great as were the drinks. Waiting staff checked to see our preferred language as soon as we entered to ensure good communication and service. I highly recommend checking it out!

• Visited April 2013