“Nice non-chain restaurant in the theater district.”

Havana Central Times Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central Times Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #350 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th
Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
Description: Step through our restaurant's doors in Times Square and find yourself transported to the golden era of Havana, Cuba. It's a vacation complete with flavorful specialty drinks, classic Cuban dishes, circa 1950s decor, a festive live band, and a feeling that you're part of our family -- a true celebration of Cuban culture. Whether you're out taking a lunch break, enjoying happy hour after work, or settling down at the end of a long day of sightseeing, we can't wait to welcome you on a fanciful excursion to this fabled island.
Pittsburgh
“Nice non-chain restaurant in the theater district.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

After wandering around to find a non-chain restaurant in the theater district, we stumbled upon Havana Central. I can't testify to how authentically Cuban the food was, but it was tasty and the service was good. There was live music that added to the fun atmosphere without overwhelming conversation. Out bill was a bit high for two people at $125, but we did order an appetizer sampler and a pitcher of sangria, in addition to our entrees. I would try it again the next time I'm in New York.

1 Thank blbrandt

Huntsville, Texas
“Good food great atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Dined here after our Broadway show. Not crowded during the week at all. Enjoyed the empanadas (Pork was the best!), and also the Mojitos! Food was generous and very good.

2 Thank staceyrph90
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real hidden gem tourists do not really know about”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved it! A friend who is a "real" Newyorker suggested this place. What a wonderful place, great simple food, fantastic service! I will go there everytime I will be in Manhattan! Even the kids had a blast and loved the food!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gherlani
Michigan
“Best Cuban outside of Key West (and Cuba, of course)”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great late night atmosphere.

We went after seeing Chicago at the Ambassador Theatre. Close walk, just off Times Square.

The salsa band was cranking, couples danced as they waited for tables, everybody was happy, and the food was amazing.

Best cuban I've had outside of south florida. The Mojito was wonderful.

1 Thank joesindorf
“Amazing food, amazing atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I bought a Restaurant.com gift certificate for this restaurant. We walked in on a busy Wednesday night, and were greeted by friendly hostesses. The lower part of the restaurant was completely packed. Instead of making us wait on a table, one of the hostesses recommended that we sit in the VIP lounge upstairs. Now let me tell you, the upstairs point of view over the restaurant was AMAZING. I was astonished by how comfortable the chairs, and the dim lighting were. And on top of all of that, the service and food were well above par, and exceeded every one of my expectations. I will definitely be coming back to Havana Central next time I am in NYC.

1 Thank laurenashli