“Great Value for Manhattan”

Havana Central Times Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central Times Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #316 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th
Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
Description: Step through our restaurant's doors in Times Square and find yourself transported to the golden era of Havana, Cuba. It's a vacation complete with flavorful specialty drinks, classic Cuban dishes, circa 1950s decor, a festive live band, and a feeling that you're part of our family -- a true celebration of Cuban culture. Whether you're out taking a lunch break, enjoying happy hour after work, or settling down at the end of a long day of sightseeing, we can't wait to welcome you on a fanciful excursion to this fabled island.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We came here after seeing a show. We were in Times Square and wanted to eat in a place that wasn't a tourist spot.

We showed up around 1:30 and the place was full, but we didn't haves wait. The restaurant is large and has a second floor.

The service was good. The lunch specials were all the traditional Cuban fare. Our group of five tried different items and all were well done.

1  Thank TheMcLeanVAFive
Write a ReviewReviews (1,447)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Lovely music provided by Latino band. I was disappointed by the food, the garlic prawns were obscenely garlicky. I love garlic but this was beyond. Portions generous. Calamari to start was huge, but a little chewy. Okay place.

1  Thank Offthebeatentrack86
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We regularly go to the theater and we love to stop by Havana Central. I just love the atmosphere of the place! Service is top notch and the food is always great! My favorite is their Seafood Paella. You get a very generous amount of food and be prepared to to take the leftovers home.

1  Thank Carl S
Reviewed January 26, 2013

They make the best Mojitos I have ever had! During happy hour (5-7pm, I think) the bar is packed and they are making mojitos by the dozens. They also offer empanadas for $1 each during happy happy hour! So good that ended up being my dinner before my 8:00 broadway show...only steps away!

1  Thank KVC666
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was good cuban food, I ordered the Lancon which was very good, also the ribs wichh were of, the guava sauce in it was very good however the ribs aren't cooked with the sauce, it is added after the meat is cooked therefore the ribs aren't glazed like they should be. I went on a Friday night and the had a band that played Puertorican and Cuban music which was very good and gave the whole place a great Friday night feeling.

1  Thank IvanPSanJuan