“Bang for Your Bao”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Dark and somewhat dingy atmosphere is redeemed by delicious Vietnamese cuisine and friendly service. Crispy squid was heavenly as was the Vietnamese Basa fish. They have frying down to an art. Interesting cocktails as well.

1  Thank College Bowl

Reviewed September 26, 2011

great, fresh food in a cool setting. The drinks are super, the service is wonderful! The prices are amazing too! The best Vietnamese in NY without a doubt. Try their lollipop chicken - you won't regret.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Fun little restaurant with an interesting vietnamese menu. It's a welcome different choice from the typical restaurants in the neighborhood. There are several Thai and a few Chinese restaurants nearby, but this Vietnamese option is a breath of fresh air. Atmosphere in the restaurant is pretty cool too. Lunch menu is a great option. Value for the money is also great.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Just went to Bao noodle and it was nice. Our server was a young man who apologized the whole time because it was his first day.
The drinks we had were yummy. One was enough for my entire meal.
I had noodles with spring rolls while my husband had pork wrapped on a lemongrass skewer. I enjoyed my food but I think my husband's dish was a bit salty and it didn't come with rice or noodles. He was still hungry.
Overall, I would go back for my meal during a lunch special because 11 bucks for noodles and a spring roll is a bit much.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 8, 2008

I enjoyed this restaurant quite a bit. Having lived in a heavily populated Vietnamese Community in Minnesota (and eaten my fair share of their cuisine!) I thought that their food quite good. Not as spicy as I would have liked, but I have the beef croquettes over noodles and they were delicious. I would like to try it again and have something different. But for the first time, I would recommend it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook