“A good Italian restaurant”
Review of Abboccato - CLOSED

Abboccato
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th Avenue
Transit: R or N subways to 57th Street
Description: Located steps from Manhattan's Theatre District and the famed Carnegie Hall, Ed Sullivan Theater, and City Center, Abboccato Italian Kitchen serves some of New York City's finest authentic, yet simple Italian cuisine, spanning the diverse regions of Italy from Sicily to Lombardi. Executive Chef David Arias serves up regional dishes featuring ten varieties of handmade pasta, a selection of shared-plates, and an approachable six-course chef's tasting menu. To accompany the meal, guests can enjoy Italian wines and cocktails featuring traditional Italian spirits and modern preparations, including herb and fruit-infused ice cubes. In addition to the savory Italian cuisine, Abboccato's dessert menu allows diners to end their meal as elegantly as they started it.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This restaurant is attached to the Blakely hotel and offers a good Italian meal at lunchtimes and in the evening.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I frequently visit many resturants in my home country of england. I seriously enjoy good food, and i will say it now if thats what you are looking for at abboccato you are sure to recieve it. The waitresses and waiters were extremely polite and our every need was fullfilled throughout the whole evening. Nothing was ever too much for them. The meal i found extremely good priced (compared to the restaurants in england the prices are cheap here) and the quality was out of this world. We chose the chefs 6 course tasting menu xx

1  Thank Catw31590
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Stopped next to our hotel
The ambiance was good seated
Right away an extensive menu
The appetizers were good
Service very slow for the main course servers overwhelmed
The beet salad tasted a little like nail polish remover

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I am Italian. Got the starter, main and desert specials. $38/ person. Best roast chicken dish I've ever had. Done with olives. Linguini with meat sause also excellent. Casual dress.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I don't want to give a laundry list of the terrible incidents that greeted us at Sunday breakfast. I have written several reviews for Trip Advisor and this time I can only say DISASTER and AVOID. No concept of organization, professionalism or service. Just one example: after fifteen minute wait I stopped someone and asked for a menu. She answered "it's right there on the table." I replied it wasn't a menu just a list of hours of operation. She grabbed a menu and dropped it on the table. When I asked what was on the breakfast buffet, she answered "Not everything." DUH!!!

5  Thank Vincent V