“Nice place but expected more of it..”
Review of Blaue Gans

Blaue Gans
Reserve with OpenTable
Blaue Gans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,674 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Between West Broadway and Church Street
Transit: 1,2,3 and A,C,E to Chambers Street or 4,5,6 to Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall.
london
“Nice place but expected more of it..”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant on recommendations I read on Trip Advisor.. the place is quirky and decor was to my taste but it wasn't very busy.. soup was nice but goulash was a let-down, not very well seasoned and a bit bland to my liking.. It was probably one of the worst I ever had and I do eat in German/Austrian restaurants fairly often... luckily the spaetzle were lovely and so was the pie. I'd give it another try when next in the area, perhaps the chef didn't have a great day when I dined there that very evening. ;)

• Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“Cool spot in Tribeca”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Blaue Gans is a cool spot. First, who doesn't like a Tribeca eatery? The walls are lined with old posters highlighting work by people like Nan Goldin, Julian Schnabel, Cy Twombly and Bill T Jones/Arnie Zane... The bar is nice too. The seats at the tables are not that comfortable (a little austere) - better if you are on the banquette. Lunch has offerings (like arugula, watermelon and goat cheese salad) that are super light to Schnitzel and Bratwurst. Our table had the aforementioned salad, the field greens with thinly sliced radishes and some kind of toasted seed and the Wienerschnitzel, iced teas and coffee to follow. Brown bread was served with a dilled and salted pot of butter (also had chives maybe?). Service was a bit chilly though the room could have used more AC.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MBM212
NYC
“Tribeca bistro with Austrian/German Fare Delights”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This charming spot was recommended by a colleague who works in the area. We were greeted by a friendly waiter who invited us to sit where we pleased, so we chose a comfy banquet. Our guest ordered a salad and generously portioned schnitzel, which he happily savored. My business partner and I opted for the chef's prix fixe menu that included a delicate asparagus soup followed by a perfectly flavored and creamy-textured spaetzle with duck confit and bright green fava beans. Dessert was a tangy apple streudel. A perfect spring lunch. We didn't try the beers beckoning from the bar -- it was a working lunch -- but I plan to return for dinner. Aside from the food, the place was quiet even as it filled in. A blessing to find such a terrific menu in a lovely, accessible bistro where you can converse comfortably.

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Everything was great, music was too loud though”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our waitress was fantastic, service impeccable, good value. The only thing I would change would be that they should inform you how long the wait will be depending on the dish that you order. The table next to us received their food much quicker than we did even though the placed their order 15 minutes after we did. Upon inquiring with our waitress she said our dish was a specialty and took more time. I thought she had forgotten to put it in. We waited 45 minutes. And the music was too loud for my taste. Evrything else was fantastic. The food is worth the price and the wait!!

• Visited May 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Austrian Dining experience”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Happy to have found this spot via Open Table, I was pleasantly surprised how accurate the atmosphere and dishes were in this NYC translation of an Austrian restaurant. It is one of my new favorites for dinner in town.

Service, food and decor all as to be expected in a true restaurant. Attentive staff and good selection, yet still the feel of a local, unpretentious establishment.

I will be back.