“Amazing food why don't we have places like this in UK”
Review of R.U.B. - CLOSED

R.U.B.
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Chester, United Kingdom
“Amazing food why don't we have places like this in UK”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was lucky to go to New York before Xmas with my boyfriend at the time the next day he became my fiance......

We are total foodies and we love watching all the Man V Food programmes which always have food on it that is BBQ, with Brisket and pulled Pork etc, being in USA we wanted to find a place that served this but thought we wouldn't find a place as its a southern delight and not a native NYC thing. But Jarrod found reviews on this place and we went..

One word AMAZING

We arrived the place was packed out but the girl got us a lovely seat in the window and she was so friendly.

I knew I wanted to try Pulled Pork and Brisket so I ordered a 2 meat platter with Brisket and Pulled Pork and a side of Vinegar based Slaw. Jarrod had a 3 meat platter with Smoked turkey, BBQ chicken and Pulled Pork and we shared some Ribs, we did not need the ribs but when in Rome (or NYC).

The Pulled pork was the nicest taste I have ever tasted moist, flavoursome and amazing, especially with the mix of the Vinegar Slaw. Brisket I liked but it was strange to my pallet to have beef that tasted smokey for me it wasn't as nice as the pork.

Jarrod was in heaven with the food and we could not finish it all so we took some back to the hotel in boxed.

Since returning to the UK I have recreated pulled pork as best I can although I am missing the smoker but I have made 2 good attempts.

Best restaurant I have ever been, great service, great cool but unpretentious vibe and food that I want to eat again!!!

If you are from the UK and you want to taste amazing US food you have to go

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank sp-oonCK

commack, ny
“Righteous BBQ”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Authentic dry rub Kansas City style barbecue, baby back ribs and the burnt ends if they have them are to die for. A casual spot on 23rd st btwn 7th & 8th Ave but everything is great, been there many times and never disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
ireland
“I'd go every day”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were in town for three days and perhaps luckily there is no BBQ restaurant like this within 100 mile radius of where I live. The decor is solid and workmanlike. The crowd are a wonderful mix of shapes and sizes. We loved the fries, ribs and coleslaw. Service was sassy, efficient and friendly. Good carte of craft and import beers. The restaurant was full of people loudly enjoying their good value experience. Next time in NYC, this will be top of my list

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank brockcork
Troy, Michigan
“Great Value and BBQ Here”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great if you have 4-6 people, and like to share. Burnt ends were solid, brisket was a little undercooked but tasty, pulled pork was delicious.. It was a fantastic choice for a Friday night, not crowded at all at 7 pm, server was solid. If you are in Chelsea or want to avoid the waits in Little Italy and/or Times Square, quick hop down to 23rd and you are all set..

• Visited September 2012
Sparta, New Jersey
“Yes, the food is great, try it.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The place may not be the best looking place you'd ever walked into but the sumptious fall off the bone BBQ is definitely worth it. I had the ribs which were to die for. Sides seem to be a la carte so you will have pay for everything you want, but again, it's worth it. Throw in a bar where you can get a cold mug of suds and you have a winner!

• Visited July 2012