“Give me a Sabich please”
Review of Taim

Taim
Ranked #1,204 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Village
New York City, New York
“Give me a Sabich please”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I know the felafels are good, but I want my pita stuffed with eggplant and egg, Israeli salads and hummus. Then drench it in ambar, a funky tasting spicy dressing. this is deliciously messy eating. eat it with a friend or someone you trust, because you are going to be wearing it. I take mine home and devour it there so I can wash off. Seating is limited, only stools and a little counter. Not great for groups.
One of the best sandwiches in New York or the world.

• Visited March 2013

Cary, North Carolina
“Best Falafel on the planet!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you love falafels, this place is heaven on earth! My wife and I have been here on several trips recently to the city and have absolutely loved it each time. The falafel balls are fresh and well prepared, and the flavor/spices.....wow....absolutely delicious! I love that they offer three flavors (green, harissa, red). This is definitely the best falafel we've had, anywhere.
Positive: Excellently spiced falafel balls offered in three distinct flavors, great tahini sauce and vegetables, nice window seats (if you can get them) to watch folks walk by and stare at your delicious food.
Negatives: Tiny location with hardly any seating (enough room for about 6-8 people), difficult to get up to the counter sometimes to order.
If you love falafels, this is the place to go, hands down!

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Always packed, but well worth the wait”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The first time I went to Taim was in June 2010 with my then new coworkers. I didn't really like to try new things, but was so shocked with how much I liked a vegetarian meal. I come from a family that thrives on pork and beef. This was truly uncharted territory! This was a while back, though, and I never found time to return to that area to have it again.

Now, with a brand new job in a different area, I discover that there's a Taim around the corner and down the street! For the first time in almost three years, I had the BEST falafel sandwich! Finally! The harissa is my favorite of the three and it was so worth the wait. The place is packed all the time and it may take a while to get your order if you go for lunch like I did. I love it, though. I also had a smoothie and it was so good.

Definitely a must-go!

• Visited February 2013
Alton, United Kingdom
“Turned me into a vegetarian.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife dragged me here whilst we were holidaying in NY, in an effort to make me appreciate that here is life outside meat. She succeeded. This place is fantastic, we went back 3 times in a week it was that good. Lots to choose from, but its all about the Sabich sandwich for me...topped off with a ginger and meat lemonade. Who needs meat??! (Review for Spring/Mulberry St location).

Irvine, California
“A Great Hole in the Wall”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very tasty and relatively inexpensive culinary treat within New York City. I like to go every time I make it into the city. Remember to ask for the peppers and pickles on your falafel On a nice day have a friend snag the park bench in front while someone in your party orders Finding the location can be a little challenging.

• Visited January 2013