“Excellent Steak”
Review of BLT Prime

BLT Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,119 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Cross street: Park Avenue & Lexington Avenue
Transit: 6, N,R,W train @ 23rd Street
Description: Discover BLT Prime in Manhattan's enchanting Gramercy Park neighborhood. Unwind and dine in a comfy yet modern suede banquette on the first floor, overlook the handsome dining room from the mezzanine or sit in our outdoor café on tree-lined 22nd Street. Beef rules the menu at BLT Prime. The menu, organized by category, and complemented with corresponding savory sauces, guides diners to steakhouse bliss. With a sumptuous selection of fresh seafood, signature salads and seasonal blackboard specials, BLT Prime sets the standard for today’s modern steakhouse.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We managed to get a table at BLT without a reservation. It is not the cheapest meal that you will have in New York but is well worth it. The one comment that I would make is that, if you don't have a big appetite, skip the starter. They brought chicken liver pate and 2 loaves of popover bread, with butter, all on the house. I had perfectly cooked rib-eye with possibly the biggest baked potato I have ever seen. Will definitely be back.

There are newer reviews for BLT Prime

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just perfect steak restaurant with great service. Went here with a biz partner, and had the NY strip with bearnaise, fries, creamed spinach - all made to perfection. Would return next time I'm in NY

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband was longing for a slab of perfectly grilled steak; I couldn't face the 1950s men's-club vibe and boring sides of a typical steakhouse. BLT Prime was the perfect compromise. Here the starters and sides are treated with respect by a chef who understands that memorable meal is the sum of all its parts. My husband ordered a ranking Caesar salad; my beet salad came with slivered green beans and apples, an unusual touch, and just a tantalizing hint of gorgonzola. We shared one of the most flavorsome sides I've tasted in eons--hen-of-the-woods mushrooms sauteed at high heat after a preliminary steaming with herbs. I could have sworn they were slathered in meat jus; they tasted that good. But not so. The steaks? As good as you'd expect from a top steakhouse, but it was the sides, the polished service and the contemporary decor that elevated this dinner. My one regret: servings were so immense, we couldn't manage even a taste of the divine-sounding desserts. That night's special dessert featured banana, peanut butter and chocolate--the trifecta of ingredients. My advice: share the starter and the side, skip the potatoes and leave room for something sweet and spectacular.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This time my visit to BLT PRIME was for a business dinner. I wanted to hods a dinner for 5 and thought it would appease everyones taste by making a reservation here. I've only been here once before and knew that they had alternative dishes besides Beef ( as I do not eat beef ).

The maitre'd was very helpful and definitely made us feel welcome along with giving us a table that I had requested. the service was prompt, helpful and very attentive.

BLT PRIME definitely prides themselves with their choice beef offerings, but they do serve other dishes which includes poultry, fish and other red meats as well.

The side dishes are simply superb and the dessert is devine.

Don't just go for the beef, sample the other delights there too.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I loved their souffle for dessert it is so delicious that I had to write about that first. Their steak was good too.. :) the ambiance is great for friends and dates.