“Outstanding find on the West Side Highway!”
Review of Perry St

Perry St
Reserve with OpenTable
Perry St is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #234 of 14,592 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, French, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: West Street
Transit: 1,2,3 to 14th Street or 1 to Christopher Street (approximately 10 blocks walk from train)
Description: Perry St has reopened! Chef Jean-Georges brings relaxed elegance to the West Village with Perry St, which opened in 2005 and has been awarded three stars by the New York Times. Located in the spectacular Richard Meier Towers, the restaurant offers beautiful waterfront views of the Hudson River. The stunning dining room was designed by Thomas Juul-Hansen, whose Danish background lends a mid-century modern design sensibility. Jean-Georges' son, Cedric Vongerichten, helms the kitchen, creating dishes that reflect his own keen instinct for balancing flavor and texture with an exquisite blend of French, American, and Asian influences and ingredients. The menu is inspired by the season, centering on the local market at Union Square. The perfect restaurant for special events and group dining.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Perry Street is very upscale in atmosphere, the people who worked there had wonderful smiles for you and were exceedingly friendly. I felt very relaxed and welcome.

While waiting, I sat at the bar and had a Raspberry-Lychee Belini - fantastic combination and so much nicer in so many ways to the classic way with peach nectar. This drink went great with the bar nibbles which included Rosemary and Olive Oil popcorn, almonds covered in brown sugar, cinnamon...and a healthy dose of white pepper (sweet with a kick!). The Wasabi Peanuts also looked yummy, but I chickened out. :)

At dinner, my husband mentioned that he was allergic to dairy to the waitress. Three seconds after she left, the person with the bread came over and let him know she will bring over olive oil to have with his bread. Talk about service!! (If you know someone with a food allergy - you'll get why we were so happy).

In addition, we did not feel we were pariahs at all. Every single item they placed on the table, they made a special version which was dairy-free! BTW, the roasted vegetables and fruit appetizer lost nothing of it's spectacular, wonderful flavor when the pecorino cheese was omitted The side of cheese I was served was not needed at all.

As an appetite-teaser, we were given little shot glass on the most amazing onion soup. My glass had a foam of cheese, which was tangy, yet light as air.

I can also highly recommend the Butter Poached Lobster (the butter sauce was seasoned with keffir lime leaves and lemongrass and given a similar treatment to the cheese above which took out completely the "grease" factor and brought the entire dish to new heights). They even asked if I wanted the sauce on the side, in case my husband wanted some lobster! My husband had the Roasted Hake and he said it was one of the best fish dished he has ever eaten.

I would go back in a heartbeat, but I do have to tell you that for the normal person, it is a bit pricey. I all definitely save it as a special occasion place,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I come here fairly regularly and eat dinner at the bar with friends. The food is always amazing with service to match. When it came time to choose a place to be married, we chose Perry Street. They were fantastic to work with and helped make our wedding exactly what we wanted. The food was amazing and the general manager helped us choose a red wine based solely on our description of what we like and it was perfect. We highly recommend Perry Street for any meal or special occasion. I was just back here for dinner this week and it was wonderful as always.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

A group of rural midwestern foodies traveled to NYC this fall for a food fix. We labored over the selection of restaurants, studying menus, reviews, location. Perry St was my favorite. The food was delicious, inventive, unique. The ambiance was beautiful, The service was absolutely impeccable. Other restaurants should send their staff here to see how it is done.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I went to Perry St for the first time several years ago and then returned earlier this week for my anniversary. During both experiences, the food, ambiance, and service were consistently outstanding, and I can now say that Perry St is one my favorite restaurants in New York. If you're looking for top notch New American cuisine done in a casual and modern way, look no further. And as an added bonus, the restaurant has a quiet, serene feeling to it, and they have some tables toward the back that are perfect for a date or more intimate conversation. I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have been there two times in the last 8 weeks. A very approachable menu. That is surprisingly reasonable for the quality of the food. We have had the fried chicken, the hake and the beef. All were delicious. Don't miss the burratta as an appetizer. Served with figs it is great. The wine list is very reasonably priced. Both time the service has been spot on. The tables are nicely spaced and the music is not too loud. The ambiance is upscale but not pretentious in any way. As a few folks have mentioned there is a $28 brunch special that is well worth it. Speaking of brunch they serve the dinner menu as well as typical brunch items so there is nice flexibility at what is often only an egg/pancake choice. Am definitely planning on going back and would recommend you try it.