“Typical Nobu”
Review of Nobu 57

Nobu 57
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu 57 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: F to 57th Street Station
Description: The first uptown New York location by legendary chef Nobu Matsuhisa, opened to much anticipation in the summer of 2005. Nobu's co-owners are his longtime partners: renowned restaurateur Drew Nieporent, Oscar-winning actor Robert De Niro, and producer Meir Teper. The restaurant showcases Nobu's signature New Style Japanese cuisine with classic dishes such as Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno and Black Cod Miso, and new creations from the wood burning oven and the hibachi table.
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Because of Nobu, I wanted to become a sushi chef myself. Having said that, I couldn't wait to take my wife here and what a great experience. We both had the black miso cod which was excellent! His new style sashimi, a delight!
The only thing I didn't like was the lack of privacy, tables too close to each other. A great experience all together

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Let me start by saying how much we loved the dining experience until a group of 12 took up a round table next to us and the volume rose dramatically and took away from the quality of our dining experience. Just something to note, and didn't mean that the food wasn't first rate, although the service quality dipped slightly as they got busier around us. The four of us shared everything and loved having generally one item at a time to enjoy and talk about. While I think we had lots of food, we didn't feel stuffed at the end.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great food and service as always. Expect to spend $$$ but it s worth it. Miso Black Cod with a side of white rice is my go-to dish. Great cocktail list, fresh fish. No complaints here!

1  Thank NickIPO
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I did the chef tasting, and it was worth every dollar. Every time they set a plate down in front of me it just got better and better. The Black Cod Miso and King Crab Tempura Amazu Ponzu were the greatest! I am not giving the restaurant 5 out of 5 because the tables were very close together. Making it almost nearly impossible to enjoy a nice dinner when all I could hear was the older man next to us trying to convince his super young "date" to come home with him!

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Took the team to celebrate at Nobu on a Thursday evening and it was packed. Great ambiance and good music. The food was fantastic and the service very good. Their Sake selection is good.