“We enjoyed everything we ordered!”
Review of Centrico - CLOSED

Centrico
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Franklin Street
Transit: 1 train to Franklin Street (at West Broadway), A & E trains to Canal Street.
Description: Presenting a fresh take on regional Mexican cuisine, Centrico is a unique concept from renowned restaurateur Drew Nieporent, combining Mexican cooking traditions with American flair and modern technique. Overlooking West Broadway and Franklin Street, with a wrap-around terrace inviting you to enjoy the views, Centrico's original menu has been specially created by Chef Aar��n Sanchez, Nieporent's partner for this venture. Also a cookbook author and television presenter, Aar��n is no stranger to innovation in the kitchen. The rich seasonal ingredients are ideal for showcasing the gastronomic highlights of his homeland, ranging from the Cochinita Pibil (Slow Roasted Suckling Pig) from Yucat��n to the torta de mariscos (Seafood Frittata) from Veracruz. The lively and welcoming atmosphere throughout Centrico is the perfect accompaniment to the menu, enhanced by the bright decor and Mayan-inspired mural. Designed by Pulice-Williams, the design echoes traditional Tribeca architecture, featuring wall-to-wall windows and a 15-foot high ceiling. The large hammered zinc bar offers hand-crafted cocktails and several margaritas, whilst the open kitchen allows you to watch the young chef prepare your meal.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“We enjoyed everything we ordered!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I took my kids to NYC recently and, being huge fans of Chef Aaron, they all wanted to try Centrico. We were not disappointed! We had the guacamole to start which was perfect - nice and chunky, served with chips and spicy salsa. I had the shrimp tacos, my son had chicken with hominy, and my daughter had salmon - all delicious! My margarita was perfect. A little pricey treat for us, but all very enjoyable!

Montreal
“Good food, but don't plan on getting drunk cheaply”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food was great and so was the service. My husband wasn't sure which appetizer he wanted (chips with guacamole or with 3 salsa) and he waiter suggested that we'd take the one with guacamole and that he'd bring salsa anyway.p (not necessarily the same ones but still)

I had he salmon and they accomodated my intolerance to cauliflower. My husband's steak was cooked to his liking

The onky thing that i wasn't 100% happy with were the drinks. Couldn't get a pitcher of sangria; had to pay 8$ (i think) per glass...it adds up quicky let me tell you...even more o when the hubby drinks 25$ drinks...

I would return, but might enjoy a glass or 2 of sangria before getting there

Memphis, Tennessee
“To bistec or not to bistec.”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I saw Aaron Sanchez in the Food Network talking about his favorite thing: bistec con chili verdes. The way he described the bold flavors of the dish made me excited to go to Centrico. Unfortunately, the dish served was nothing like I had hoped. It was bland. My wife ordered the mole chicken and while the mole sauce was good the chicken was under cooked. We also order the plantains and corn side dishes. Both bland. Not to mention that we sat at the table for a little over ten minutes before a server showed up. Even though it was a Saturday night, the restaurant was only half full.

I would never recommend this restaurant. It would be waste of a meal in one of the best food cities in the world. It's a shame because this place has potential. However, the margaretias are good. So, maybe stop in the bar and have one just go elsewhere to eat.

Washington DC
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My radar should have gone up when we walked in on a Thursday night at 7:30 and the place was nearly empty. But the service was good, and so was the margarita. Theres hope! But then the food arrived..... The guaqamole was runny, my chicken mole dish tasteless and tough. Can't recommend!

Istanbul, Turkey
“Different Mexican Tastes”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We experienced a different taste of Mexican dishes. It is not like tacos and fajitas! Decoration is traditional Mexican colors. Outside tables are very nice in a warm weather. Highly recommended Duck dish! It comes with an interesting sour and sweet taste sauce (raisons ). The place is dark. Steak tacos are interesting. Margaritas great, especially Mango Margarita! I tried classic margarita on the rocks. Nachos and guacamalo sause are very good!

• Visited March 2012