“French Bistro”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: North Moore St
Transit: Take the 1 train to Franklin St. or A,C,E to Canal St.
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorites spot in the city and have been coming for years to this location. I have never been disappointed with service and hospitable environment this Resturant provides. Great selection for appetizers and main course with good selection of wine to complement your choice of meal. Very relaxed atmosphere and the staff is very attentive and make good recommendations when needed. Overall a lovely evening spent as usual -

There are newer reviews for Cercle Rouge

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant was excellent. Cozy atmosphere, nice décor, reminded me of Paris. We had the beef tartar, five cheese platter and a meat platter. The kids had the chicken wings and the onion soup. Had their crème brulée for dessert, yummy. The service was excellent, our waitress was supper helpful and nice and when the chef found out we could speak French, he came out to greet us. They had live music, even though it was a weeknight, the only thing I found a bit off about the place was the type of music they were playing, Carribean/Latino, which did not go with the atmosphere. I think if the music had been old style French music you would never know you were in the heart of NYC.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had the best salmon (Saumon Sauvage) here - really exquisite. The service was friendly but it felt like the waitress was a bit snobbish and didn't like us bothering her during a slower time at the restaurant. It's definitely worth a visit for the food, though.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I've heard about this place because of their chicken wings and they certainly delivered. However 14 dollars for 4 wings was a bit over priced.

I had the croque Monsieur sandwich that was delish, even the French fries were really good.

I tried my friends French onion soup that was also a hit. My partners burger though lacked flavor and was quite boring. So most items were a hit but some were not.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

we ate here for the first time. Excellent ffod. Best fish dishes ever. One of the best dishes anywhere we have been.