“Sunday morning brunch”
Review of Cookshop

Cookshop
Reserve with OpenTable
Cookshop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 13,822 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Corner of 10th Ave and 20th Street
Transit: Both the A, C, E, or L at 14th street/8th avenue or the C, & E at 23rd Street. Also the 1 train is located at 18th street and 7th avenue.
“Sunday morning brunch”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food- breakfast.
Nice brunch cocktails
Very friendly staff.
Nice place to eat. It' s near High park so you can work up an appetite before or go for a stroll in the park afterwards.
Would definitely go there again!!

• Korean first
Lyme, New Hampshire
“Not as good on a repeat visit”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I was blown away on my first visit to this restaurant last spring. This time I was under enthused. My fish entree was average, my cocktail was average . The service was still stellar and so were the prices. I don't think I'll eat there again.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place - honest food”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice place to have lunch after strolling on the High Line Park. Good ambiance and creative dishes. The Steak Salad was delicious, but the beef could be more tender.

• Visited September 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Late Monday at the Cookshop”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were travelling in the USA from London on business and our flight from Washington was delayed. We missed a dinner engagement in NYC...but the other party booked us for 2 to the Cookshop at 21:30 and so we went along not knowing what to expect. Some times restaurants can get a little off-piste for a late booking but we found the atmosphere busy and friendly and not frantic. We were provided with a good table attentive service and sensational food!

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A very busy Sunday brunch restaurant.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

As with all restaurants in New York, its seems a brunch menu is de rigueur. Meeting friends for brunch on a Sunday at midday fortunately was arranged with a reservation. The entrance is a little chaotic with the patrons who hadnt reserved milling about waiting for tables interspersed with the prebooked patrons miling about waiting for their tables too. We were seated fairly promptly and Bloody Marys all round were ordered. Any thoughts of jet lag were blown away by the spice mix of the Bloody Marys which was wall to wall tabasco and pepper......ony thing for it was to drink it quickly so it didnt burn too much!

Our hosts recommended the burger which my partner ordered and I ordered the grilled cheese sandwich. Both were tasty enough although the crust on my sandwich was so hard i could barely cut it.

Second round of drinks I went for a Mimosa which was just the right antidote to the Bloody Mary and went someway to putting out pepper and tabasco fire still raging in my mouth.

Its a nice enough spot for a busy sunday brunch and really seems to appeal to the crowd that needs to be in the right place to be seen out and about at brunch.

• Visited October 2012